Director, Human Resources at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
The Director, Human Resources is a key member of our leadership team, and trusted advisor and business partner to leadership teams throughout the organization. The Director, Human Resources will provide consultative and business focused support and services to drive a culture of high engagement, innovation, continuous improvement, and enhanced operational and financial results. This person provides leadership for the delivery and execution of strategic HR initiatives, provides effective coaching/guidance to leaders and team members, ensures compliance with regulations, and develops team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the development of company plans and programs as a strategic partner with the perspective of the impact on people in order to achieve results.
- Partner with senior leaders to ensure the delivery of outstanding service in team member relations, performance management, career development, compliance, training, organizational change and improvement.
- Provide proactive, innovative, and customer-oriented HR solutions based upon knowledge of business objectives and team member needs.
- Proactively identify and analyze data to find opportunities and trends impacting the organization.
- Recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and team member experience.
- Partner with senior leaders to create a work environment that promotes team member engagement and inclusiveness.
- Direct the management of HR investigations and manage complex issues.
- Guide leaders and team members in resolving team member relations issues by providing effective conflict resolution and coaching. Be an objective and trusted advisor.
- Provide ongoing support to leadership team on human resources related matters, policies and procedures.
- Partner with leaders to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their fullest potential.
- Create and facilitate formal and informal HR training on team member relations matters such as performance counseling, harassment and discrimination.
- Manage and respond to complex HR policy/practice issues.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the human resource function for performance, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Lead with enthusiasm, openness, and positivity in order to inspire and motivate leaders and team members. Promote team member engagement and inclusiveness. Models our Core Values.
- Maintain a collaborative focus in all situations and interactions. Have a "we" versus “I” mindset.
- Approach situations in new, innovative ways. Think broadly and creatively, beyond immediate details and issues and conventional thinking, to encourage forward-thinking ideas and approaches.
Education or Formal Training:
- 10+ years related Human Resource Leadership experience; Finance, Mortgage, Real Estate or other related industry is a plus
- 5+ years of proven leadership ability
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent work experience
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Has functional expertise in all areas of HR including benefits, compensation, team relations, regulatory, hiring, etc.
- Ability to work with and create effective partnerships at all levels of the organization and establish strong network with executives, senior leaders and team members
- Real Estate, Mortgage and/or Financial Industry experience preferred
- Ability to drive changes throughout the organization
- Effective coaching, influencing, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to adapt to continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities
- Experience working with commission sales teams
- Ability to succinctly communicate complex initiatives or issues.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proven ability with team relations and organizational development
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to HR
- Ability to leverage technology and systems in order to maximize efficiency in the Human Resource space.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office
Guaranteed Rate Affinity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.