Director Learning & Development, Leadership and Pipeline Programs at Paylocity
The Director of Leadership Development (Leadership and Pipeline Programs) role is responsible for strategic direction and execution of leadership and pipeline talent programs. You will lead the architecture and execution of programs that align the talent development goals with the enterprise and department goals. Your primary focus will be the development and execution of enterprise programs focused on leadership development and pipeline programs.
To do this, you’ll partner with L&D, HR, and other department leadership to assess and discover talent development and organizational effectiveness needs. You also collaborate with leadership to plan out consistent employee experiences and learning journeys that are shared across the enterprise. The Director will guide L&D team members to execute the program components to ensure the execution aligns with the program’s goals, timelines, and measurement.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify and design strategic initiatives for leadership and pipeline programs for the organization.
- Lead architecture, prototype, and manage programs that align learning and talent development goals with the goals of the company and/or its departments. These programs develop talent for future roles within the next 1-5 years.
- Connect with L&D leaders and HR leadership to discover talent & organization development and organizational effectiveness opportunities for our employees across the company.
- Propose program design and architecture to L&D, HR, and other department leadership. Secure alignment with them on expectations for the program goals and the outcomes.
- Work with L&D management to project plan and resource allocate L&D team members to develop program components, including eLearning modules, ILT classes, workshops, digital learning collateral (e.g., job aids, workbooks, reference guides), and educational media (e.g., educational videos, audio, infographic).
- Ensure the development and delivery of the program components meet the program’s goals and stakeholder expectations by checking in with the L&D managers and their teams (e.g., 1x1 check-ins, SCRUMs, status meetings).
- Align with L&D team members, from facilitators to learning designers, to execute on the delivery and design of the program components, including selling the program’s intent and objectives, training-the-trainer, acclimating them to tools and technology, and being point-of-contact for their questions.
- Guide and coach learning designers on stretching the instructional and learning experience design within our programs. Motivate and excite them to try innovative learning design practices.
- Work with L&D Operations to plan, coordinate and execute the delivery and implementation logistics of company-wide programs.
- Partner with L&D Operations to research, evaluate and propose external vendors who can supply learning content that supplements our programs, including creating RFPs and attending demos.
- Assist in the planning and creation of other HR talent and organization development activities and programs, including leadership development, talent management, diversity, equity and inclusion, and employee engagement.
- Plan and design measurement and evaluation methods to assess learning program effectiveness.
- Research and keep abreast of trends in learning, learning design, and talent development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- 7-10 years L&D, Talent Development or Organization Development experience
- 7-10 years of leading Leadership Development, Pipeline Programs, or Organization Development teams
- 5-7 years experience with program creation and execution
- Expert program management skills required
- 3-5 years experience with Learning Design
- Experience practicing different learning design frameworks, including ADDIE, SAM, Rapid Design and LXD
- Undergraduate degree in I/O Psychology, HR Development, Organizational Development
- Graduate degree highly preferred
- Proactive and self-starting nature who can “roll up your sleeves” to start executing
- Comfortable with getting started without the complete picture or all the information
- Independent and self-sufficient who can thrive under minimal guidance
- Comfortable designing and delivering in addition to leading.
This job excludes CO applicants