ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Director of People Development
Talent Activation and Growth | Location: Pleasanton, Santa Clara or San Diego, CA
ServiceNow employees work globally in a fast pace and innovative environment. We are building a healthy, high performing company that scales. Our Talent and Organization Development team creates unique, human-centric experiences and programs that develop our employees from within. We equip leaders and employees with the latest research-based tools to help coach and bring out the highest potential in everyone.
About the role:
As the Director of People Development, you will build and lead a team of learning professionals and partner with other Global talent teams to a develop and own an industry- leading learning roadmap that enables our people to do their best work and drive their own career. In this role, you will impact the organization as a strategic thought partner on learning initiatives, as a designer and curator of content and programs, as a program owner who drives end-to-end communication and execution, and as a facilitator of key internal programs.
The ideal candidate will:
- Bring thought leadership and expertise in effective adult learning strategies, instructional design, and virtual training and tools to create the next generation of enablement & training that influence not only ServiceNow but create new leading-edge practices that influence the learning industry at large.
- Be tech-centric and tech savvy, leveraging technology to scale their offerings to all people managers, at all levels, across the company. They will be comfortable using technology to manage and prioritize the workloads of their matrixed team, ensuring that the workloads are balanced across all team members.
- Develop new, innovative strategies to create high quality, compelling employee and manager development experiences that challenges the status quo of “HR best practice”.
- Bring an equal combination of expertise and the ability to operationalize at scale, in an agile manner, by balancing the need for both speed and quality. She/he understands that high quality work will take multiple iterations and feedback loops from a matrixed set of stakeholders.
- Own & manage all curriculum journeys, content development and delivery processes for employees and people managers at ServiceNow, including format like: Instructor led, Simulations, Games, Videos, Podcasts, Email, App-based learning, and more. She/he will partner cross-functionally with other leaders to build, own, and maintain a quarterly learning content roadmap and timeline for the company.
- Build Relationships and Earn Trust from a variety of stakeholders needs by building strong relationships with 1) HR Business Partners across the globe; 2). Subject Matter experts internally and externally 3) Embedded Enablement Teams in functions and regions.
- Data-driven and relish digging into details, managing multiple projects concurrently, monitoring progress and measuring effectiveness. She/he will find and leverage external vendors as needed to ensure that all work is completed on-time, on-budget and according to our learning roadmap.
- 7+ years owning people leadership curriculums (i.e., performance management, coaching, resource management, employee development)
- 7+ years managing all phases of the development process (Analysis, Design, Development, Delivery, Implementation, and Measurement) of enterprise-wide manager curriculum
- 5+ years of experience scoping, quoting, and closing custom content opportunities with third party vendors to accelerate delivery and uptake of learning assets
- 7+ yrs experience managing content development resources effectively to meet aggressive project timelines
- 10+ years or more of experience managing a Curriculum Development team which produces Employee, Manager and Leadership development
- 5+ years experience building and developing manager development programs within the tech industry
- 5 + years leading Learning & Design, Organizational Development, Training, or similar types of teams. Deep domain knowledge and experience with curriculum development processes and modular courseware development
- 2+ years of global experience, supporting regionally based teams and understanding the importance of working closely with our field-based Embedded Enablement teams
- Experience overseeing instructional designers to develop courses in all modality types, Nudges, eLearning, ILT & Virtual Training
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.