Director of People Operations at Sertifi
Sertifi offers an Agreement Platform built for businesses who need a more efficient and secure way to manage the full contract process. We simplify how businesses send and collect agreements and payments by bringing it all into one secure platform. Sertifi automates business processes, saves you time from performing repetitive tasks, enhances security and PCI-compliance, and provides customers an easy and convenient way to do business with your company. Thousands of businesses around the world use Sertifi to streamline their contracts and payment processes, recognize revenue faster, and increase job efficiency.
We’re looking for a growth oriented Director of People Operations to lead the small yet mighty People Operations team supporting our ~100 person company. If you have been in a manager or director level role and are ready to step up and lead, this could be your new home as a true player/coach.
Reporting to the Founder, you will develop innovative people programs that support our employees and align to key business strategies. This is a high-impact role where you’ll have the opportunity to design and scale the infrastructure we need to support a high-performance culture. Our ideal candidate is a thought partner with a passion for recruiting, developing and engaging the best people available. As a growing mid sized company, it is imperative that you can build trust and influence at all levels of the organization, often in ambiguous circumstances.
Do you have a high degree of emotional intelligence, are you passionate about the employee experience and skilled at driving strategic programs forward? If you are an exemplary leader who can live our core values and champion our work culture, we have a great home for you.
Due to the circumstances of COVID-19, Sertifi has shifted to working remotely at this time. We will interview, onboard, and operate as a remote team until further notice.
Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Lead the People Operations function including areas such as recruitment, benefits, compensation, talent strategy, employee relations, compliance, performance, training and development, and the overall employee lifecycle
- Develop HR programs and talent strategies that contribute to Sertifi’s strategic goals
- Partner with the leadership team to oversee the feedback, recognition, performance and compensation programs
- Guide managers in appropriate handling of employee challenges and concerns and conduct investigations as necessary
- Lead organizational development efforts to identify hiring needs and develop training and talent programs
- Collect and analyze key people metrics and actionable trends; deliver recommendations for programs and activities
- Serve as a SME on compliance and labor laws and provide advisement to functional areas
- Own our HR systems and ensure they are used efficiently and effectively to drive processes and administration
- Play an active role in facilitating change throughout the organization and managing internal employee communications
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 5+ years of experience in a Human Resources, Talent or People Operations including experience leading a team
- Accreditation in HRCI or SHRM (preferred)
- High degree of integrity and sound judgement when making decisions
- Experience building out processes and programs that thoughtfully scale a People team
- Ability to influence and drive change across the organization
- Track record of broad HR experience, ideally in a progressive Tech/SaaS company. Preferably in the areas recruitment, training & development, performance management, engagement and culture.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills with the ability to build relationships with employees of all levels
- Experience coaching people managers on policies, crucial conversations, and employee relations
- Skilled in various HR software including HRIS, ATS, and LMS
- Highly proactive with a roll up your sleeves mindset and able to make a tangible impact on the team and company
- Experience with a remote work environment a plus, and able to analyze benefits and culture initiatives through the lens of a distributed workforce
What’s in it for you:
You will work in a brand new collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, life insurance, pre-tax Transit Benefit Program, casual work environment, weekly team lunches, company outings, and a convenient River North location close to public transit.
Sertifi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sertifi is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. All individuals seeking employment at Sertifi are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.