Director of People Operations
M1 is reinventing personal finance and creating the next generation financial institution. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, and spend your money are woefully outdated and overpriced. That’s why we’re rethinking what’s possible with new technology and building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money.
We started by building a beautiful, one-of-a-kind automated investing platform. People can easily customize and automate their investments, borrow against a portfolio line of credit, and soon, use M1 as their bank – creating the next generation personal finance account. There has never been an easier, more convenient, or less expensive way to manage your money.
Headquartered in Chicago, we’re rapidly growing and currently manage over half a billion dollars with hundreds of thousands of users. But we are not done. We’re just getting started and have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. Join us and help build the future of personal finance.
As the Director of People Operations, you will have the unique opportunity to build out the People Operations function at a high growth startup. You will work directly with the leadership team to execute on the vision of M1 by supporting and expanding our dynamic team.
In this role, you will be responsible for spearheading a variety of initiatives related to human resources, talent acquisition and development, compensation, and facilities. You will also become the guardian of M1’s culture ensuring the company continues to be a place that attracts and retains top talent.
- Build a robust candidate sourcing pipeline through various channels including outreach to passive candidates
- Qualify technical talent and coordinate with Product and Engineering teams to manage the entire interview and hiring process
- Collaborate with team leads and People Operations to forecast hiring needs and develop necessary recruitment strategy
- Analyze recruiting pipeline performance on an ongoing basis and report results to senior leaders
- Research competitive landscape and provide recommendations to improve M1’s attractiveness to top-tier talent
- 7+ years of experience in People Operations or Human Resources, ideally at a high-growth technology company
- Experience administering people software and systems (Payroll, Health, Transit, etc.)
- Strong communicator with track record of working across teamsAnalytically-oriented with experience tracking HR and recruiting metrics
- Track record of developing Human Resource guides and hiring plans
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in relevant field
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.