Director, People at Enova
Reports to: Chief People Officer
About the role:
We are searching for a Director, People to lead and guide our HR Business Partner team and deliver on our People mission of making Enova an awesome place to work for all of our employees.
The ideal candidate will be both strategic and operations-focused, manage a team of HR Business Partners, and play an active role on the People Leadership team. In this role, you will report to the Chief People Officer and be comfortable working in a hybrid-remote capacity (3 days from our Chicago office and 2 days from home). Our HR Business Partners are based in our core offices (Chicago and Denver) and support our ~1400 employees across the contact center and corporate functions.
As the head of our HR Business Partner Team, you will be expected to help drive the overall People strategy in support of a high performance culture that unlocks the potential of our people. In short, you’ll be playing a key part in engaging and retaining Enova’s top talent through executing on our talent programs, coaching and advising our leaders, and advocating for our employees. This role will also have a heavy influence on People programs and strategies, and the person should have experience leading and/or working across various HR functions (i.e. recruiting, compensation, benefits, HRIS, HR Ops, Talent Development, DEI, etc.)
To succeed in this role, you will need to have experience and comfort operating in a high growth, fast moving business. You should be a seasoned, strategic leader who can work closely with executives at high levels while also being willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
What you'll be doing:
- Coach and guide an HR Business partner team that supports ~1400 employees worldwide.
- Understand business strategy and provide consultative support (assess, present findings/solutions, test, iterate, and measure) to drive key people priorities.
- Coach and build manager capability to navigate critical people issues including onboarding, performance management, employee relations, compensation, workforce planning, engagement, and retention.
- Drive employee engagement through a diverse and inclusive culture and growth strategy
- Partner with Talent Development, Recruiting, People Operations, Compensation, and Benefits to communicate and support People Team programs across the business.
- Promote Enova’s high performance culture and values: customer first, best answer wins, operate as an owner, accountable for results, and top talent and teamwork.
- Serve as an active and vocal member of the People Leadership team.
We're excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree in Human Resources or related field a plus.
- 7-10+ years experience as an HR Business Partner, and proven experience managing a team of HR business partners, ideally within a Tech or high growth business.
- Proven experience working directly with and supporting business leaders and Executives.
- Recent, proven experience building and supporting high impact HRBP teams.
- Experience supporting or working closely with sales and/or contact center teams.
- Resulted-oriented, creative, self-starter who can execute in a fast-paced environment.
- High emotional intelligence and strong interdepartmental collaboration skills.
- Passion, grit and perspective.
About the People Team
Our People Team (you may know us as the Human Resources department) is committed to attracting, developing and retaining Enova talent. As a member of the HRBP team, you’ll sit alongside our Talent Development, Recruiting, Compensation, Benefits, and PeopleTech and Ops teams, and be a part of a highly motivated, driven and diverse group of people, all focused on the same goal of making Enova a great place to work.
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.