SMS Assist Summary
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
The Director of Talent Acquisition acts as the recruiting figurehead, working collaboratively with business leadership to elicit and plan staffing needs, and leading a team of recruiters to ensure business needs are met through effective and timely recruitment.
• Partner with Director/VP leadership in assigned business unit(s) to understand talent acquisition needs and staff required positions in a timely manner
• Take ownership of assigned departments – understand their business processes, structure, talent needs, relationships, etc. in order to provide quality internal customer service
• Provide hiring department and HR leadership with ongoing updates on progress of staffing positions
• Build and manage strong relationships with candidates, leaders and key members of our SMS team to help ensure the timely staffing of role in a high-volume, high-touch environment
• Lead candidate calibration/post-interview debrief meetings and decision-making process
• Lead job offer and negotiation process for assigned business units
• Lead and manage Recruiters
• Assist with hiring/selection of Talent Acquisition Managers, Associates, and Coordinators
• Identify and recommend ideas for improving candidate experience, efficiency, or internal process.
• Assist and/or lead development of job descriptions, interview forms, candidate calibration processes, and other recruiting department needs
• Oversee coordination of facilities for recruiting activities and candidate interviews
• Oversee coordination and communication with front desk, IT and other office support for candidates and new hires
• Assist with scorecard data gathering and input
• Oversee applicant and new hire paperwork and onboarding
• Perform pre-employment screening checks (background checks) and reference checks
• Participate in special projects, candidate sourcing, and taskforces as assigned
• Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
• Foster a positive team environment
• Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
• Customer Service – Advanced
• Verbal Communication – Advanced
• Written Communication – Advanced
• Teamwork – Advanced
• Relationships – Advanced
• Negotiation – Proficient
• Organizational Awareness – Advanced
• Problem Solving – Advanced
• Process Orientation – Advanced
• Prioritization – Advanced
Role Specific Skills
• Computer Skills: [Advanced or intermediate] proficiencies in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook [preferred or required]
• System Experience: (i.e. ADP, Great Planes, Workday) preferred
People Management Skills
• Proficient in all people management processes, including recruitment, performance management and reward
• Proficient in building, growing and developing a team; including department structure design and resourcing
• Proficient in coaching and developing individual team members to reach their potential
• Proficient in engaging a team through communication, processes, personal impact and influence
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in recruitment
• 2+ years of experience in people management
Other Relevant Qualifications
• Master’s Degree
Proprietary and Confidential 3 Last Update: 4/18/19
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.