Director, Talent and Culture Business Partner at Morningstar (Chicago, IL)
The Role: We believe that people are our most important asset. Our people-through their creativity, talent, and willingness to learn-are essential to the success of our company. Recruiting and growing our Great People are critical to Morningstar's future. We need Talent & Culture business partners, that span different experience tenures who can understand the work we do, the kinds of people who succeed here, and how people work together across the company globally. The goal is to provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity and goal attainment.
- Act as a trusted advisor and consultant for employees and leaders, taking a thoughtful and creative approach to identifying solutions that align with Morningstar's people philosophies and work environment.
- Effectively navigate a global work environment to ensure success in implementing global programs while recognizing regional best practices.
- Identify and deliver systematic and programmatic methods/ processes and solutions by partnering with Talent & Culture domain experts, and other key functions / teams across Morningstar.
- Coach, train and support managers to enhance leader effectiveness - providing guidance on coaching, mentoring, training and development, rewards and recognition, and performance management.
- Work closely with business leaders on Talent & Culture organizational strategies including resource planning and talent management.
- Partner with business leaders to support and lead efforts that continue to enhance employee engagement and deliver upon Morningstar's employee value proposition.
- Collaborate with Talent & Culture colleagues to pro-actively improve and globalize work processes that continue to support Morningstar's business initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to earn senior managers' confidence and be relied upon as a trusted team member by senior managers and employees; able to build strong teams and relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment, collaborating with HR professionals and business leaders around the world, and proactively managing global initiatives.
- Project management and/or program development and implementation experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems on a strategic level.
- Human resources-related experience (or busines leader experience) including 5-10 years of experience or exposure to areas such as talent acquisition, talent management, learning & development, employee rewards and employee relations is desirable.
- Bachelor degree required
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity