Director of Talent Management
The Director of Talent Management will have broad involvement in leadership and employee development, change management and organization effectiveness. This role develops and delivers programs meant to improve performance, productivity, and engagement of the SMS Assist leadership team and employees.
- Create a high performance culture and ‘raise the bar’ for Talent through active performance and investment in development. Ambition: become a business where talent management is a mind-set, not just a process.
- Evaluate the current and future needs of the business against current performance and capability. This includes talent familiarization, reviews, succession planning, moves and leadership pipeline with a strong focus on promotion, motivation, retaining key leaders and top employees.
- Enhance the employee experience through onboarding, training, education, mentoring, and/or career pathing; ensure that programs align with organizational needs.
- Create a talent and development community within the business units; ensure a sense of belonging, knowledge sharing and act as an advisor and guide to this community.
- Deploy all manager skills assessment of baseline capabilities to determine competencies and gaps. Understand and address gaps in talent pipeline and target development to ensure we are growing our best people for our key roles.
- Develop, design and implement programs that focus on learning and organizational development of leadership and employees.
- Develop professional competencies for all levels of the organization, as well as succession plans for leadership staff.
- Lead semi-annual performance review cycles. Support and drive a common SMS promotion process.
- Lead by example in creating an environment in HR where all people can perform and develop to their maximum potential. Serve as a subject matter expert to the team and leadership; coach and/or mentors others.
- Partner with human resources, communications and training teams to drive effective communications of new initiatives.
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data.
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service - Advanced
- Verbal Communication - Advanced
- Written Communication - Advanced
- Teamwork - Advanced
- Relationships - Advanced
- Organizational Awareness - Advanced
- Analysis - Advanced
- Problem Solving - Advanced
- Process Orientation - Advanced
- Prioritization – Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
People Management Skills
- Advanced proficiency in all people management processes, including recruitment, performance management and reward
- Advanced proficiency in building, growing and developing a team; including department structure design and resourcing
- Advanced proficiency in coaching and developing individual team members to reach their potential
- Proficient in engaging multiple teams through communication, processes, personal impact and influence
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 10 years of experience in human resources or change management
- 7 years of experience creating, implementing, and facilitating training and employee development curriculums
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Master’s Degree preferred
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.