Director, Talent Management at OCC
The Director, Talent Management is responsible for partnering across the HR function to align business needs with talent strategies and solutions. Serve as a trusted advisor and strategic partner in the areas of employee relations, organizational design and effectiveness, workforce planning, employee engagement, talent management, performance management/improvement and policy interpretation to optimize HR’s contribution to helping OCC achieve its strategic goals.
- Partner with functional leadership to develop an understanding of talent issues and implement talent management strategies including but not limited to leadership development, executive coaching, succession management, career management and performance management.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations and performance management issues. Conduct effective and thorough investigations of employee issues and concerns. Work with legal counsel as needed.
- Act as a consultant to influence the business, deliver constructive feedback, diagnose and resolve issues and positively influence change.
- Act as an employee champion and change agent. Provide coaching and counseling support to employees and managers regarding employee relations, career development and/or HR policy interpretation. Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Support HR talent related initiatives such as employee engagement, organizational design, workforce planning and change management initiatives. Collaborate with HR leadership to ensure OCC’s programs are enabling OCC to become a high performance organization.
- Review fingerprint reports for new employees and independent contractors and work with legal counsel to obtain appropriate documentation to address findings.
- Partner with Talent Development in the identification, development and execution of training programs.
- Partner with managers and legal counsel to prepare separation paperwork and conduct termination meetings as needed.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data and make recommendations to VP Talent Management for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Respond to employee questions and requests regarding employment policies, procedures, programs, compensation, benefits, HRIS, etc. Identify ways to improve Talent Management policies and procedures. Support the preparation of job aids, employee communications, training materials, etc.
- Perform special projects as required by the CHRO and VP of Talent Management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder orientation
- Capable of independently handling difficult and/or confidential matters
- Teamwork and collaboration; capable of building strong working relationships
- Ability to think strategically and push back and challenge where appropriate
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload; manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent presentation skills and written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information
- HRIS experience preferred (Workday)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources (or equivalent) or Business, Master’s Degree highly desirable
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in an HR business partner role
- Experience with creating a culture of engagement, collaboration and teamwork
- Extensive knowledge of employment laws.
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.