At Built In, the health, safety and well-being of our employees and of our communities is a top priority. Due to the effects of COVID-19, we have decided to manage our entire business remotely until further notice. HQ-based employees will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our office. As we continue to grow, we are excited to be hiring for all open roles and look forward to meeting with qualified candidates in a virtual setting. For anyone who joins our team (yay!), your onboarding experience will also be conducted virtually. Thank you for your interest in Built In and be safe!
Hello, We’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Built in was named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces of 2020, and featured on the 2020 Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing privately-held companies in the US with 390% growth over the last 3 years and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 list as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in North America. Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, and Nationwide.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We’re looking for a Director of Talent
Built In is looking for an ambitious and passionate Director of Talent to design and drive our Talent Acquisition strategy and to deliver hands-on recruiting in a hyper growth environment. We’ve grown our headcount 300% over the last 3 years and we’re excited to add this brand new role to contribute to the next evolution of our growth!
As a leader on the People Team and a true player-coach, this role will report directly to the VP of People and partner with business leaders to identify talent needs, develop strategies to meet those needs, and lead the talent team as we work to bring on diverse, top talent. In our rapidly scaling company, the ability to drive results, while remaining agile and able to shift gears at a moment’s notice, will be critical to your success.
If you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, working as a team player, collaborating cross-functionally with multiple departments and stakeholders, and winning as a team - we'd love to connect!How you’ll contribute
- Drive Talent Strategy to achieve hiring goals. Lead Built In’s Talent Acquisition strategy to identify, attract, and onboard diverse talent at all levels of the organization, acting as a trusted advisor to the Leadership Team. Effectively translate business needs into strategic initiatives and drive quantifiable outcomes. Define Talent Roadmap required to achieve aggressive growth goals.
- Evolve Talent Brand + Recruitment Marketing efforts to drive inbound pipeline. Leverage social media, determine campaigns, develop partnerships, enhance referral generation, create events, and establish talent mapping. Develop metrics to assess effectiveness and ROI of different channels. Ensure strong pipeline and sourcing avenues are developed to attract the talent we need to continue our growth.
- Create a world class candidate experience. Cultivate memorable candidate connections with the talent brand that bolster value proposition and talent attraction. Partner with the Director of HR and Inclusion to ensure that the company's commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is woven into all recruitment efforts and processes.
- Leverage forecasting, reporting, analytics, and dashboards to track key recruiting and sourcing metrics, measure progress against team OKRs, influence talent conversations, and manage expectations from executive leadership. Optimize Greenhouse and any other systems to improve efficiency and deliver reports that help us understand the funnel and our result. Deliver ongoing reports to track results, impact, hiring quality and cost-effectiveness of the Talent team.
- Drive operational excellence and set high recruitment standards. Work closely with all hiring managers on headcount planning and process. Seek continuous improvement.
- Grow Talent discipline, accountability + impact. Align the talent team’s processes and assess growth opportunities and weaknesses by leveraging quantitative and qualitative data. Drive coordinated action and accountability from all partners in our hiring ecosystems so that we’re poised to hire the absolute best people to drive our mission forward. Build and develop a strong Talent Team rooted in our values and composed of consultative Talent Partners who work with our leaders tactfully to source, attract, assess, and hire to meet their hiring needs.
- Experience working in a company where you’ve been part of a team that has scaled and grown quickly… and you’re excited to do it again! Plus:
- 8-10 years of experience with full lifecycle recruiting for all areas and levels
- 3-5 years of experience managing high volume recruiters in the tech space
- Expert experience working with Greenhouse and driving hiring analytics
- A strong network that can help source, attract and secure top talent
- Deep knowledge of talent strategy and recruitment marketing, with a natural ability to find fun and disruptive ways to attract top talent, build relationships and establish Built In as an employer of choice
- A data-first mindset with quantifiable success growing top of funnel and converting top tier candidates in hard to fill roles
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, adapt quickly to shifting priorities, make timely decisions and drive behavioral change
- Problem solver with the ability to switch seamlessly between critical thinking and tactical execution within a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- You have experience beyond Talent Acquisition, including onboarding and other talent programs
- You have a strong track record of attracting diverse talent and are focused on how to make the candidate experience inclusive and equitable.
- You bring a current network of talent in the Tech and Startup space Chicagoland area
- Be a people oriented facilitator that values input across multiple perspectives, can synthesize ideas, and is comfortable not having all the answers
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.