Driver Engagement and Recruitment Specialist
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We are hiring for a Driver Engagement and Retention Specialist position in our Chicago location. The Driver Engagement and Recruitment Specialist is responsible for the post drive experience for Independent Contractor (IC) Drivers within their specific area. They will monitor specific metrics and work internally and cross functionally to ensure delivery partners are satisfied and meeting or executing company growth needs. This position is essentially the delivery partners eyes, ears, and voice to Area Management.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Growing and maximizing engagement within your driver network
- Communicate proactively with delivery partners regarding ways to improve IC satisfaction
- Make decisions and engage delivery partners based on data partners
- Communicate with delivery partners in a professional and compliant manner
- Addressing contractor inquiries with accuracy and urgency and in a professional and compliant manner
- Reviewing and analyzing the recruitment funnel to proactively determine sourcing levels and uncover bottlenecks by making recommendations for improvements and reaching out to candidates to move them through the recruitment funnel
- Scheduling and presenting Driver Onboarding sessions
- Overseeing the process whereby drivers schedule themselves to work, including using data to determine daily volume needs, verifying drivers’ availability to support such needs and communicating issues to Market Managers
- Review data and activate plans in struggling markets
- Work with management to ensure new markets are properly staffed to handle new business, initiatives, and test programs
You Should Have
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of success and want to grow within a top tech company. Thinking on your feet and openness to develop a diverse skill set while wearing different hats is a must. Finally, willingness to grow, take on responsibility, and learn as much as possible is what will set candidates apart. This position is ideal for a competitive, good natured individual driven to succeed in a fast paced environment. This is a full-time position and the schedule will be Monday-Friday 10 am-6 pm.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Driver and/or personnel management experience is preferred
- Recruiting or community organizing experience is preferred
- Previous experience with applicant tracking system a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication (both verbally and written) and leadership ability
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize various activities a must
- Data oriented- must be able to analyze data and report on metrics
- Service oriented- must be friendly, positive, and handle difficult situations
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Advanced knowledge of Google Office products
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision and other voluntary benefits
- 401K plan with guaranteed match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Benefits
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.