Employee Campaign Manager
Employee Campaign Manager
At Morningstar, your contributions have meaning and can drive change. Across our 27 oﬃces worldwide, we’ve invested in fostering a community where talented, driven people can grow. Our entrepreneurial spirit and uncompromising ethics guide everything we do. Morningstar’s mission is to empower investor success. We strive to illuminate investing in support of this mission, so we can reach, inspire, and enable current and aspiring investors. Our Marketing and Communications team plays an important part in achieving this goal.
We’re looking for an Employee Campaign Manager to collaborate with departments across the company to create informative and compelling internal campaigns that elevate the Morningstar employee experience. In this role, you’ll sit within our Corporate Communications team, which is comprised of Employee Communications (internal) and Media Relations (external) professionals. You’ll meet with department leaders around the company with a regular cadence to understand their key initiatives and communication needs. You’ll work closely with each group to develop strategically timed campaigns which you’ll plan out using a comprehensive content calendar. Working with the Media Relations team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to collaborate on campaigns focused on media stories and product launches, using your expertise to communicate the news to employees. The metrics reports you pull for the team each month will provide valuable insight into what content employees are engaging with the most, allowing the entire team to grow and improve.
Some areas of responsibility:
• Department Campaign Management: Create campaign plans, craft communications, and implement strategically timed campaigns for groups around the organization, including: Facilities, Information Technology, Learning & Development, and Compensation & Benefits
• Media Story/Product Launch Campaign Management: Create campaign plans, craft communications, and implement strategically timed campaigns in collaboration with the External Communications team
• Engagement Metric Reporting: Pull weekly/monthly metrics and report findings to the team to provide insight into what content employees are engaging with the most, allowing the Employee Communications team to grow and improve
• Maintain Content Calendar: Strategically plot campaigns and individual communications within the Employee Communications content calendar to provide transparency and mitigate redundancy/oversaturation
• Internal Request Management—Monitor the Employee Communications ticketing system to ensure all requests are answered and completed in a timely manner; coordinate request completion with other Corporate Communications team members
• Journalistic Approach—Actively seek stories from all parts of the organization to help foster understanding and interest in our business
• Internal Event Support—Assist with day-of execution of all internal events; collaborate on the planning process when appropriate based on the event topic
Experience we’d like to see:
• Bachelor's degree required (Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or English is preferred)
• 3—5 years of relevant experience in corporate communications or marketing
• Detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple events, projects, and requests at once
• Self-starter and passion for learning
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; the ability to present and communicate ideas clearly to resonate with colleagues at all levels
• Creativity and confidence to suggest new ideas
• Familiarity with AP Style
• Experience with email marketing tools, like Eloqua or similar, is a plus
Please submit a cover letter and 2—3 writing samples in addition to your resume. Submissions without writing samples will not be considered.