Employee Development Trainer
Job Description Summary
The Employee Development Trainer is directly responsible for facilitating training on company-wide education courses to support CCC’s Learning Academy. Courses will include but will not be limited to leadership, productivity, business enhancement, execution and technology. Additionally, the Employee Development Trainer is accountable for providing on-going training on CCCIS products and services for multiple audiences as well as creating training materials and training administrative management. Experience with online training is required.
The ideal candidate pays strong attention to detail, has superior listening skills and takes direction well. The candidate should display a sense of urgency and the ability to handle and complete a variety of tasks or multiple projects in a fast-paced environment to meet departmental deadlines. He or she will work in a team environment with a positive attitude and interact effectively with all levels of personnel. He or she will also display initiative to continually keep training materials and training initiatives current. Other requirements include the ability to exercise good judgment at all times, handle confidential information and materials appropriately, and handle difficult situations with the utmost composure and professionalism. The right candidate will accept and provide constructive feedback in a positive manner and ensure consistent and repeatable training processes and procedures.
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with managers, instructors, or outside vendors
- Provide additional product training to various CCC workgroups, as needed, including but not limited to, New Hire Training Programs as well as product update training
- Assist in the administration of all training including but not limited to registration, scheduling facilities, coordinating, evaluation, tracking and production as needed
- Working with key HR contacts in analyzing the performance of the workforce so that additional training can be prescribed and developed
- Contacting and scheduling internal and external lecturers and vendors for specialized training
- Utilizing a variety of the training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of training program
- Attend meetings, seminars, training programs, professional organizations, etc. to keep informed on new developments, methods, and techniques in the field of training
- Reinforce alignment of all training activities with the achievement of CCC Sales and Services business objectives, including but not limited to participation in stakeholder meetings, miscellaneous correspondence regarding training needs/requests, classroom facilitation, etc.
- Use measurement and reporting tools developed for each program to assess the effectiveness of training, including testing and feedback from participants or others
- Act as training advocate across the organization by educating departments on the role of training, roles/responsibilities of training personnel, training processes and contribution of training to the organization, as needed
- Continuously research and implement best practice ideas for self-development and enhancement of CCC’s training function regarding current facilitation and delivery formats
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, required. Bachelor’s degree in Learning and Development, Adult Education or related field preferred
- 2-4 years of professional training experience, as a Field Trainer, Learning and Development Specialist, Corporate Training
- Experience in a technology company preferred
- Training experience in insurance claims and automotive industries, a strong plus
Why Choose CCC
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
CCC Information Services was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.