Employee Engagement Manager
The Employee Engagement Manager will partner with key stakeholders across the company to create a company-wide engagement strategy. This will be achieved by working with the HR Director to develop and execute communication plans, company-wide projects, and by serving as an information resource for all employee engagement initiatives. This position is also responsible for working with senior leadership to craft messaging that supports employee engagement.
Employee Engagement Strategy: Create a comprehensive and sustainable employee engagement strategy. Work with senior leaders and cross-functional teams to develop strategies that have demonstrable links between engagement and company strategic goals. Successfully manage, document, and implement employee engagement initiatives and tasks using project management practices. Build relationships and collaboration across teams, departments, and locations. Support cultural transformation, by analyzing the impact on employee engagement.
Employee Engagement Surveys: Manage employee surveys, communicate results, and convert results into actionable intelligence. Serve as the subject matter expert on the survey results. Create and execute a communication plan to ensure all employees receive results. Establish and report on metrics that support continual improvement of employee engagement. Manage internal relations by responding in a timely and positive manner to all inquiries, comments, and suggestions.
Cultural Transformation: Conduct research, analyze company culture, diagnose challenges, and provide strategic recommendations for cultural transformation. Create and develop 'culture branding.' Develop and manage multimedia content. Establish a suite of internal communication tools such as newsletters and webcasts. Work with subject matter experts to ensure content is accurate, relevant, and consistent with company objectives. Ensure consistency of messaging and alignment with the organization's strategic plan.
Corporate Messaging: Develop and/or consult on messaging that supports employee engagement effort and cultural transformation for senior leadership, including speeches, talking points, newsletter articles, intranet, and website content.
Training and Development: Design, develop, and facilitate training for all levels of management to support management's culture transformation strategy and employee engagement initiatives.
Employees may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Provide a first-class employee experience by promoting development feedback, objective setting, employee engagement
- Promote and engage in diversity & inclusion initiatives
- Manage all employee relations cases from initial advice through to completion
- Provide data, reporting insights and analysis to support the US senior leaders in making decisions to improve their teams
- Advise managers on compensation discussions
- Design and deliver key People & Culture (P&C) initiatives, specifically within the US and Canada
- Ensure HR data integrity and ensure changes are communicated to the P&C Coordinator/others as needed
- Report on P&C activity, including headcount, attrition, diversity, and employee relations
- Serves as a subject matter expert on People related compliance in the US
- Maintain P&C policies ensuring they are up to date and fit for purpose
- Manage P&C projects as assigned
- Lead by example by living Affinitiv’s values and culture in day to day behaviors and interactions with all levels of colleagues
- Streamline and manage the new employee onboarding process (for non-sales teammates)
- 5+ years’ experience in People & Culture/HR, preferably at a high growth company
- Fluent understanding of HR analytics
- Knowledge of the automotive industry is a plus but not required
- Experience in influencing, coaching and counseling employees and leadership
- Using metrics/data to advise and influence
- Support staff going through huge amounts of change and business growth
- Experience with coaching and counseling employees of all levels on performance management, conflict management, employee relations, and organization development
- Broad generalist understanding and exposure to the following is preferred:
- Managing annual talent reviews
- Annual compensation planning
- Actioning employee survey results
- Running workshops
- Performance management
- Employee relations
- Organizational design
- Business savvy and analytical with strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication with first class relationship building skills at all levels
- Flexible and proactive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple projects as well as manage day to day role