Employee Experience Lead at OppFi
OppFi is a leading financial technology platform that powers banks to help the everyday consumer gain access to credit. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, OppFi helps consumers who are turned away by traditional providers build a better financial path. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for five straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, and the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business. The company was also named on Forbes America 2021 list of America's Best Startup Employers and Built In's 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago. We welcome individuals to join us in facilitating financial inclusion and credit access for everyday consumers to live the life they deserve.
OppFi is a team of caring, innovative, and inclusive individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every day and know you are a part of making a difference. Our company values guide us and create an open and collaborative culture where we hold the door, say what we see, do what we say, and dare to win together!
Reporting to the Director, Culture and Change Management, you will own and execute employee experience programs ensuring we continue to create an outstanding employee experience and enabling teams to do their best work. Working cross-functionally, you will build relationships within all levels of our organization and be a champion of excellent employee experiences.What you get to do:
- Enhance our existing employee listening strategies to create strategies, programs, and processes that elevate the employee experience.
- Leverage pulse survey data to understand engagement drivers and outcomes and apply design thinking to deliver top quality team member experiences across the employee lifecycle, regardless of location.
- Foster and support a culture of continuous feedback and growth by creating active feedback loops to ensure we are thoughtfully scaling our culture and processes as we grow.
- Create "out of the box" initiatives to enhance the in-person and remote employee experience throughout the employee life cycle.
- Enhance and manage programs and initiatives that focus on promoting employee appreciation and recognition.
- Lead and organize internal efforts to produce live, virtual and hybrid events that provide meaningful experiences for employees.
- Be an internal ambassador for our culture and values and build genuine connections across all business groups and employees.
- Work with internal partners across the People Team and Internal Communications.
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources, Talent Development, or Organizational Development
- Demonstrate creative thinking and apply innovative principles to solve complex problems
- Passion for the future of work and developing outstanding organizational cultures
- Insatiable curiosity, always asking "why", and a strong desire to learn
- Continuous improvement mindset with a desire for work to be the best or the first
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New team members go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppFi plays a part in that.
- Define your goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppFis’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Business Resource Groups and other programs are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].