Employee Experience Specialist
VelocityEHS has an immediate need for an energetic and highly self-motivated Employee Experience Specialist to nurture company culture and build our employer brand. The Employee Experience Specialist is a champion of VelocityEHS’s vision and values which are: Champion Customer Success, Build Open and Honest Relationships, Choose Simple, Be Humble, and Make a Difference. The Employee Experience Specialist works to incorporate these values into all stages of the employee career cycle and daily work life. This role will be responsible for incorporating VelocityEHS culture into a holistic employee experience through facilitating current initiatives and development and execution of new initiatives to increase employee engagement and our employer brand. Working in Human Resources, in collaboration with Marketing, this role will be responsible for communication campaigns, the company newsletter, employee wellness campaigns, and other projects designed to unify and exemplify our rich and unique company culture that promotes the key objectives of the organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARENT LIMITED TO:
- Work with HR, Marketing, and front line leaders to enhance and maintain an employment brand across all locations
- Cultivate a workplace culture that ensures that VelocityEHS values are reflected in our day-to-day business
- Work closely with Senior Management, HR, and employees to identify and develop the employee engagement strategy and implement amazing culture and engagement programming
- Develop and maintain a budget for employment brand and culture initiatives, coordinating with overlapping departments and committees as applicable
- Own employee survey programming including but not limited to, engagement, new hire and exit; analyze, recommend action plans, and present results
- Understand and meet the engagement needs of differing business areas.
- Coordinate a team of culture champions across all locations to ensure consistent programming and drive cross-office collaboration
- Establish and report on metrics to support continual improvement of employee engagement, satisfaction and retention
- Ensure consistency of messaging and alignment with overall company and HR strategy.
- Build relationships and collaboration across teams, departments and locations to encourage strong inter-office communication
- Partner with Talent Acquisition in the design, development and implementation of new employee orientation, ensuring a seamless and outstanding onboarding process
- Write & disseminate company-wide communication using varying tools and methods including but not limited to intranet/web content, presentations, calendars, flyers, signage, employee newsletter, and other documents in support of engagement and employment brand activities
- Lead company-wide social committee of volunteers, encourage participation, arrange and coordinate meetings, events, lunch & learn, volunteer programming and serve as point person for all VelocityEHS social groups & activities
- Partner with HR to develop and implement diversity, inclusion, and community outreach strategies and track metrics
- Lead and enhance employee recognition & rewards program
- Assist with identifying and providing company-wide professional development opportunities for staff
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Human Resources, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience developing and executing employee engagement initiatives and/or internal corporate communication
- Past success at attaining buy in and generating excitement for employee centric initiatives and programs
- Proven experience uniting and engaging employees & teams in multiple locations
- Highly motivated, with an enthusiasm for employee engagement and a desire to seek out new ways to engage with employees; roll-up your sleeves mentality; an openness to investigating, evaluating, and implementing new and cutting-edge techniques to facilitate communication and engagement activities
- Past successes in delivering impactful employee experiences through effective communications and internally facing events or engagements
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills as well as a comprehensive understanding of strategies, tools, and tactics for delivering effective communications
- Aptitude for analyzing data to effectively translate metrics and trends into actions
- Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple projects, timelines, and locations
- Proven project management & organizational skills, able to prioritize and operate in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, a demonstrated ability to build relationships and effectively connect with others all levels of the organization with diplomacy and professionalism.
- Solid facilitation and presentation skills
- General understanding of Human Resources processes and functions, able to maintain/manage confidential information
- Able to travel 10-25% of time, or as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Photoshop, Illustrator or other graphic design programs
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience using Glint or other Employee Engagement software
- Experience in a growing SaaS and/or Technology Company
At VelocityEHS we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EH&S) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
Visit our careers page for more information: