Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
As part of the Emerging Talent Acquisition and Development (ETAD) team, the Employee Learning Development Lead will be responsible for the creation and implementation of training and resources for employees, ranging from leaders to interns, who participate in either student recruiting or new hire development programs. This role will be responsible for understanding and identifying the overall recruiting and program process, when volunteers are involved, and how to ensure employees have the appropriate training and resources to support the activities. The successful candidate will have working knowledge of campus recruiting activities, understand how to execute and manage processes, and how to influence and train stakeholders and volunteers.
What You’ll Do
- Student Recruiting training and resources: campus volunteers, interviewers, school ambassadors, talent scouts, etc.
- New Hire Development Program delivery training and resources: performance managers, peer advisors, mentors, etc.
- Manage training schedules and communications, including participants, vendors and internal stakeholders/volunteers
- Facilitate and support courses and programming, including candidate development and engagement
- Assess and measure effectiveness of programs and processes
- Develop and deliver training and processes for Discover employees supporting recruiting and program management activities.
- Act as a lead facilitator and presenter for candidate/intern/new hire sessions and programs.
- Develop the volunteer training calendar for various stakeholders. Will develop a coaching framework for program participants and create documentation setting expectations and highlighting culture/values.
How You’ll Do It
- Create training and resources for employees participating in recruiting and program management efforts.
- Facilitate training programs for interns, new hires, candidates and employees.
- Assist in delivery of annual development summit and capstone experience.
- Create EW applicant education and experience plan-events, communications, resources, etc.
- Manage on-campus recruiting processes and lead all recruiting activities for MBA and undergraduate programs. Train campus ambassadors, school volunteers, and manage MBA event volunteers, if applicable.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Recruiting or related field
- In lieu of education, 6+ years of experience in Recruiting or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- 6+ years of experience in Recruiting or related field
- Strong interest in student and adult learning effectiveness
- 4+ years of experience in campus recruiting and/or working with student populations
- Previous corporate campus recruiting experience, ideally in financial services or professional services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid project management and multi-tasking abilities
- Self-motivated with a strong bias towards action and results
- Analytical and systems thinking and a track record of continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Intellectual curiosity and experience creating scalable solutions and processes
- Exhibits a high level of personal and business credibility, with the ability to influence and impact stakeholder/client decision-making
- Outstanding presentation and presentation development skills (e.g. PowerPoint)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.