Employee Relations Sr. Specialist
What this job involves:
- Resolve complex problems by applying relevant policies, past practices and/or best practices to reach a conclusion, including escalation as needed
- Provide consultation, guidance and coaching to leaders and HR Business Partners to address employee behavior and performance concerns, and provide guidance and assist with the development and delivery of appropriate feedback or corrective/disciplinary actions.
- Provide consultation with respect to reasonable accommodations, termination requests, reduction in force and other related areas.
- Maintain required documentation including intake and investigation notes, supporting documents and final reports and/or evidence of action taken.
- Monitor disciplinary practices and performance management practices
- Develop and deliver training programs as needed, including training for HRBPs.
- Provide training to HRBPs as needed to ensure quality investigations are being conducted and consistent and fair application and interpretation of policies and practices.
- Partner with HR, leadership in maintaining and executing Labor risk assessment and mitigation strategy.
- Partner with Legal department as needed to ensure policies and practices comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Assists HRBPs with the interpretation of Company policies and responding to inquiries, concerns, and Open Door Complaints
- Serve as point of contact to the HRBPs and provides support, guidance and direction on employee relations concerns and Home Chef Hotline Cases
- Coordinates and participates in the exit interview process; identifies opportunities and areas of concern requiring follow up
- Collaborates with HRBP's in creation of standardized Corrective Action documents
What you need to do this job:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial or Labor Relations or other related field
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resource experience
- 3 years of employee or labor relations experience, preferred
- Advanced knowledge of employment, wage and hour, FMLA, and EEO laws and regulations
- Demonstrated computer skills including Google products, Microsoft products, and HR systems
- Excellent written and verbal communications and administrative skills, with high attention to detail
- Results focused with the ability to develop relationships in a distributed workforce
- Effective in exercising good judgment, and articulating reasoned rationale for recommendations to business partners
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and responsive to employee concerns and conflicting stakeholders needs
- Ability to recommend and/or apply appropriate action based on policy/procedure and/or business practice
- History of well-developed integrity and ethical behavior
- Ability to maintain neutrality and calm demeanor in tense / conflict-ridden situations
Perks and Benefits:- Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!- Direct access to senior management – our leadership team works alongside our team members every day- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance- Generous paid time off (PTO) policy- 401k program - Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses- Free water taxi, discounted gym membership, and daily bike storage for Wrigley building employees- Cold brew coffee on tap at no charge- Employee discounts for Home Chef meal kits- Free lunch every Friday and snacks and beverages on hand every day- Casual dress Home Chef is an equal employment opportunity employer