Executive Director Human Resources at Everspring
We are looking for a well-rounded HR leader that is a strong business partner, dynamic problem solver, enthusiastic coach and mentor with excellent judgement, a love of creating culture and demonstrated HR acumen. The ideal candidate for this position understands the need to partner as an HR generalist and as a strategic thinker, who thrives in a fast growth environment, and is eager to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
The Executive Director of Human Resources will be a member of and partner to Everspring’s leadership team. The role reports to the SVP Finance & Administration, with a dotted line to the President, and works with the leadership team to develop, manage and ensure all aspects of human resources align with and contribute to Everspring’s business goals. The Executive Director of Human Resources is responsible for setting, implementing and refining HR strategies, along with managing HR operations. The role is responsible for all aspects of employee relations, performance management, culture development, recruiting, HR administration, benefits, and employee retention.
We are building a best-in-class organization; the ideal candidate will be excited about taking a leadership role in this work!
About the Role:
We are seeking a strong HR leader to oversee all aspects of Everspring’s “people functions,” and culture creation, with a substantial focus on talent acquisition and development. Specifically:
Cultivate a strong and healthy organizational culture
- Act as a trusted resource for senior leadership, and a conduit for communications between leadership and our teams
- Manage Everspring’s cultural activities, including social activities, the company’s culture committee, charitable drives, etc.
- Oversee Everspring’s communications with employees
- Maintain strong relationships throughout Everspring, ensuring early insight into emerging issues and ensuring all voices are heard
- Lead Everspring’s diversity initiatives
- Ensure that all Everspring employees view HR as a trusted, approachable, and supportive function
Human Resources Business Partnership
- Develop and implement a comprehensive program for talent management, career pathing, performance management, coaching, compensation and employee relations
- Provide business partnership to Everspring leaders for the full range of employee relations matters. Manage all employee relations matters from initiation to completion, working with legal counsel when necessary
- Establish and refine full range of company policies and procedures
- Manage HRIS administration (Paylocity) and continued rollout of platform
- Manage all aspects of the human resources budget, including setting and monitoring progress against HR-related Key Performance Indicators
- Oversee all aspects of Everspring’s benefits and incentive programs
- Deliver technical advice and expertise on all human resources and benefits issues
- Manage relationships with external benefit providers and brokers
Talent Acquisition & Development
- Oversee the talent acquisition function
- Oversee new employee on-boarding
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to maintain Everspring as an employer-of-choice
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in business or human resources a plus
- 7 or more years of progressive experience in human resources, with experience in the areas of responsibility listed above
- Experience supporting a services-based business, ideally in an ecommerce, technology, and/or customer-service focused industry
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent at managing workflow for multiple projects, with minimal oversight, in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, self-directed, and action-oriented, with an ability to work with employees at all levels in a range of functions
- Demonstrated record of managing to budgets, targets, goals, and timelines
- Familiarity with Paylocity
- Outstanding personal leadership skills
- Advanced degree or MBA
- Demonstrated experience scaling the human resources function for a fast-growing organization
- Experience working in a matrixed reporting relationship
- Experience in educational services a “plus”
Everspring, Inc. is an ed-tech trailblazer. We create customized, integrated digital solutions that enable top universities to design and deliver their programs online, with excellence. Our exceptional technology platform and complementary services empower universities to focus on teaching engaging content that transforms lives.
We offer a range of full-service turnkey solutions and fee-for-service offerings, as well as a set of innovative standalone products. We deliver industry-leading outcomes in academics and instructional design; market research and program design; marketing and lead generation; recruitment and enrollment services; student support and retention services; and technology infrastructure and analytics. Our proprietary methodologies yield uniquely tailored solutions that drive tangible value for our university partners, their faculty, and their students.
Based in Chicago, Everspring serves a growing number of colleges and universities.
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Everspring makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.