Experienced Consultant, Human Capital Management (HCM)
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” consultant, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently in search of a high-performance Experienced Consultant, Human Capital Management (HCM) with HR functional experience notably in the areas of HR M&A, HR operations and technology and/or enterprise organization design and culture development. We’re also looking for people with the entrepreneurial capability to grow and thrive in an expanding Operations Excellence Practice. At West Monroe Partners, you will have the opportunity to own your own career while engaging in high impact projects.
West Monroe Partners’ Human Capital practice offerings focus on enabling people-centered change, better aligning workforce practices with strategic business priorities and increasing the value created by HR services. Our clients’ HR projects range from short strategic engagements to large transformational programs. Project duration ranges from four weeks to six months or even beyond. Our client services include:
Transactions: Managing all aspects of the HR deal process and advising on M&A-related people, organization, culture and HR functional considerations
Transformation: Optimizing the value of HR services by redesigning the HR operating model, organization design, business processes and technologies
Talent: Assessing critical talent-related needs and providing solutions and insights into the full range of workforce implications of business strategy and operations
Technology: Defining HCM platform strategies, executing software selection and managing all aspects of implementation including project management, change management and functional expertise
We are looking for candidates with 2-4 years of experience of experience providing HR M&A, HR transformation, HCM selection/implementation projects and/or organization design and culture change initiatives. Candidates should ideally have experience in helping to develop and/or enhance supporting methodologies and tools, as well as integrating these with other consulting solutions (e.g., M&A, technology and industry vertical practices).
Successful candidates will have experience in/participated in the following types of activities:
- Basic functional knowledge HR practices and operational functions
- Must have been an active team member or PM on at least 2-3 major HR related transaction, transformation, talent or technology projects
- Basic process knowledge within the following areas: Recruit to Retire, HR M&A workstreams
- HCM software selection and platform strategy experience is a plus
- Organization design and culture development experience is a plus
- Help organize and coordinate client and WMP functional teams (i.e., demonstrate core project management skills) in partnership with a Principal/Manager
- Help coordinate with WMP industry verticals, M&A, ERP, process optimization and change management teams as appropriate
Experienced Human Capital Management Consultants West Monroe Partners have three primary responsibilities:
- Assist with Project Manager duties, including managing overall project plan and managing of the project financials
- Help manage project economics including tracking project budgets, creating and delivering invoices, and managing collection process
- Participate in and support the national team in development and enhancements to Human Capital methodologies, tools and other collateral
- Actively participate in thought leadership activities such as blogs, white papers and other related efforts
- Collaborate with local office leadership to define how to align practice with office strategy and other practices
- Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
- Participate in meetings, development of proposals and other efforts related to Human Capital
- Assist in creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for opportunities
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in related discipline (e.g., Business Administration, Human Resource Development, I/O Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Organization Development, etc.)
- 2-3+ years’ experience in the HR functional space
- Must have experience in developing work plans, project scopes, pricing estimates, and presentations to assist in selling work to clients
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience
- Prior consulting from either an HR/business consultancy or internal HR group is preferred
- Demonstrated success within one or more of West Monroe Partners’ core industries including Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Insurance, Consumer Products, Banking and/or Private Equity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to travel up to 70%
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.