At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That's why inclusion and diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe Partners is currently in search of a high-performance Experienced Consultant, Human Capital Management (HCM) with HR functional experience notably in the areas of HR M&A, HR operations and technology and/or enterprise organization design and culture development. We’re also looking for people with the entrepreneurial capability to grow and thrive in an expanding Operations Excellence Practice. At West Monroe Partners, you will have the opportunity to own your own career while engaging in high impact projects.
West Monroe Partners’ Human Capital practice offerings focus on enabling people-centered change, better aligning workforce practices with strategic business priorities, and increasing the value created by HR services. Our clients’ HR projects range from short strategic engagements to large transformational programs. Project duration ranges from four weeks to six months or even beyond. Our client services include:
Transactions: Managing all aspects of the HR deal process and advising on M&A-related people, organization, culture and HR functional considerations
Transformation: Optimizing the value of HR services by redesigning the HR operating model, organization design, business processes and technologies
Talent: Assessing critical talent-related needs and providing solutions and insights into the full range of workforce implications of business strategy and operations
Technology: Defining HCM platform strategies, executing software selection and managing all aspects of implementation including project management, change management and functional expertise
We are looking for candidates with 2-4 years of experience of experience providing HR M&A, HR transformation, HCM selection/implementation projects and/or organization design and culture change initiatives. Candidates should ideally have experience in helping to develop and/or enhance supporting methodologies and tools, as well as integrating these with other consulting solutions (e.g., M&A, technology and industry vertical practices).
Successful candidates will have experience in/participated in the following types of activities:
- Basic functional knowledge HR practices and operational functions
- Must have been an active team member or PM on at least 2-3 major HR related transaction, transformation, talent or technology projects
- Basic process knowledge within the following areas: Recruit to Retire, HR M&A workstreams
- HCM software selection and platform strategy experience is a plus
- Organization design and culture development experience is a plus
- Help organize and coordinate client and WMP functional teams (i.e., demonstrate core project management skills) in partnership with a Principal/Manager
- Help coordinate with WMP industry verticals, M&A, ERP, process optimization and change management teams as appropriate
Experienced Human Capital Management Consultants West Monroe Partners have three primary responsibilities:
- Assist with Project Manager duties, including managing overall project plan and managing of the project financials
- Help manage project economics including tracking project budgets, creating and delivering invoices, and managing collection process
- Participate in and support the national team in development and enhancements to Human Capital methodologies, tools, and other collateral
- Actively participate in thought leadership activities such as blogs, white papers, and other related efforts
- Collaborate with local office leadership to define how to align practice with office strategy and other practices
- Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
- Participate in meetings, development of proposals and other efforts related to Human Capital
- Assist in creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for opportunities
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 2-3+ years’ experience in the HR functional space
- Must have experience in developing work plans, project scopes, pricing estimates, and presentations to assist in selling work to clients
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience
- Prior consulting from either an HR/business consultancy or internal HR group is preferred
- Demonstrated success within one or more of West Monroe Partners’ core industries including Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Insurance, Consumer Products, Banking and/or Private Equity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
- Ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to travel up to 70%
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.