Global Compensation Manager at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description
Are you a proactive compensation manager with excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities? If so, we might have the job for you! This position, located at McDonald’s headquarters in Chicago’s West Loop supports the Global Total Rewards team in the day to day analysis, execution, and communication of programs and policies related to compensation. Working collaboratively and cross functionally with the HR Business Partners, Field People Resources, and the HR Service Center, you can put to use all of your analytical and communication skills.
- Collaborate with other Rewards team members to ensure base pay is accurately benchmarked and competitive, with consideration around internal equity within the local pay structure
- Evaluate and market price positions at all levels of the organization utilizing external market data and internal position comparisons to make salary recommendations to ensure alignment with the broad based compensation structure
- Actively support and contribute to the Annual Compensation Cycle
- Oversee the quarterly and annual market data collection process by executing, tracking and monitoring survey purchases, submissions and results
- Assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of salary & hourly range structures
- Maintain the external market data software and serve as subject matter expert on market data and related reporting
- Routinely run Restaurant Wage Calculator to resolve legal minimum wage adjustments, competitive wage adjustments and applicable compression including exception reports and related communications
- Annually, or as needed, provide Restaurants with their pay guidelines
- Support the business units by preparing compensation recommendations to facilitate promotions, demotions and lateral job changes
- Develop adhoc analysis as needed to support data driven decision making
- Partner with other Reward team members to develop education/communication materials on compensation fundamentals
- Continually challenge the status quo in an effort to identify continuous improvement opportunities and gain efficiencies
- Experience specializing in rewards, compensation and HRMS within a complex, multi-site organization
- Shown analytical experience involving large volumes of data
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite: especially Excel and Power Point
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Shown understanding of compensation fundamentals
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.