Global Head of Human Resources
ThinkMarkets is seeking a dynamic leader to lead the Global Head of Human Resources role, with corporate experience and an interest in finance and banking to join our Chicago staff.
The Global Head of Human Resources will align and execute the HR strategy to influence business success. This includes proactive workforce planning, talent acquisition, performance management, organizational design & effectiveness, employee development and engagement. This role will be instrumental in shaping our culture, supporting our business strategies and developing the talent pipeline necessary to make an impact on ThinkMarkets’ Global strategic growth. The ideal candidate will be a process-driven individual with a solid base of hands on, detailed knowledge of financial products.
- Provide direction and consultation on emerging trends and evolving recruiting practices for talent in technology and financial services.
- Lead a Human Resource team focused on driving accountability and implementing rigor and discipline into the recruiting process, supporting their growth and development, and shaping their strategies and team alignments.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, on-boarding procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organizational values throughout the global workforce.
- Ensure that ThinkMarkets is using the appropriate selection and assessment methodologies to evaluate candidates across technical, personality and other relevant skills and attributes. Develop and utilize metrics and reporting to ensure productivity and effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
- Manages and administers the various HR functions such as recruitment & selection, compensation, training and development, employee relations, record keeping, payroll, and compliance.
- Develops and maintains a strong, interactive relationship with all Human Resource Business Partners and Technical Recruiters. : operating within the policies and strategies as set forth by the global initiatives; making recommendations and providing feedback to the global team to insure growth and an increase in overall productivity.
- Completing projects on various issues, as needed.
- Manage agency and search firm relationships, including the negotiation and execution of contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 7+ years of progressive Human Resources professional experience with evidence of aligning HR strategy to business strategy.
- Strong functional leadership with team skills to support the business.
- Proven leadership, project management and time management skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with senior level executives.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Solid business acumen, management reporting and problem-solving skills.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Able to exercise sound judgment and observe the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Able to travel globally as and when the business needs arise.
- Financial and banking experience required.