Global Head of Talent & Culture Business Partners at Morningstar
The Team: The Corporate team unites a variety of functions at Morningstar and each plays an essential role in supporting our company’s strategic initiatives, day-to-day operations and infrastructure. As a steward of Morningstar’s unique culture, we invest in our employees and offer a place where talented, driven people can grow; and where they’re trusted to help investors reach their financial goals. By helping Morningstar employees succeed we contribute to Morningstar’s success.
The Opportunity: We believe that people are our most important asset. Our people—through their creativity, talent, and willingness to learn—are essential to the success of our company. We need a Talent & Culture leader who can understand the work we do, the kinds of people who succeed here, and how people work together across the company globally. As the global leader for our Talent & Culture business partner team, you will help to promote an engaged, employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity and goal attainment.
- Influence and guide our business partners across all locations, creating synergies among the Talent & Culture (T&C) business partners and consistencies in the practice across all functions and locations.
- Assure the T&C business partner role collaborates and partners with operations, the domain leaders and the global teams to create seamless experiences for our employees.
- Collaborate with colleagues to pro-actively improve the global T&C business partner operating model - optimizing and empowering resources and allowing for ownership of program success.
- Partner with domain leaders to create systematic and programmatic ways to deliver successful T&C programs, processes and initiatives.
- Help the T&C business partners to foster a great work environment that allows employees to do their best work by being a business-focused employee advocate, bringing empathy to interactions and focusing on an engaging employee experience.
- Work closely with business leaders on T&C organizational strategies including resource planning, talent utilization and change management.
- Take a thoughtful and creative approach in helping T&C business partners solve problems - identifying solutions that align with Morningstar’s people philosophies and work environment.
- Provide mentorship and support the development of the T&C business partners.
- Act as a champion of Morningstar culture, people and philosophies - providing guidance towards business success through our people.
- Demonstrated ability to earn senior managers’ confidence and be relied upon as a trusted team member by senior managers and employees; able to build strong teams and relationships.
- Background in organization and leadership development preferred.
- Project management and/or program development with implementation experience.
- Ability to work in a global environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills enhanced by a data driven mindset.
- 5-10 years of business or human resources-related experience.
- 3-5 years leading and managing an experienced team.