Global Payroll Specialist at DRW (Chicago, IL)
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Global Payroll Specialist, you’ll manage payroll processes for our offices around the globe. You’ll also act as the main point of contact for both employees and external vendors regarding payroll issues, so a strong service-oriented approach and a high sense of urgency are critical.
What you’ll do:
- Process semi-monthly and monthly payrolls for 1300+ employees (including annual discretionary bonus payroll) in the US as well as our international locations in Canada, Europe and Asia
- Calculate various payroll computations including overtime, hourly, vacation balances, prorated pay, retro pay, shift differentials, etc.
- Complete global year-end tax processes and amendments
- Process changes in our Workday HRIS system including new hire onboarding paperwork, department transfers, salary changes, terminations, deduction and earnings changes and other payroll/benefit changes
- Calculate final payroll liabilities for accounting and download data for general ledger
- Process post-payroll benefit funding reports and audits
- Work with federal, state and local tax agencies to ensure filing compliance, respond to notices and maintain good account standing
- Institute, follow and audit tight process controls to ensure data integrity and minimize errors
- Continuously implement process improvements to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Manage unemployment claims, wage garnishments and employment verifications
- Ensure compliance with government and tax regulations and process labor statistic filings
- Act as the main point of contact for employee questions regarding payroll in all offices
- Perform other HR and Payroll related projects and duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of payroll experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A solid understanding of payroll processes and state, local and international laws pertaining to payroll administration
- High level of proficiency with MS Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to work well under pressure
- Maturity, discretion and experience dealing with highly confidential information
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- An interest in joining a growing organization and a willingness to collaborate and assist whenever, wherever
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with Workday payroll
- Payroll certification and training
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.