Global Total Rewards Director at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
Department: People Operations
The People Team at Gemini is more than HR — we are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for our company culture. Our tight-knit team consists of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists, and our job is a big one: create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: Global Total Rewards Director
As part of the Gemini People Team, you’ll be on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization. As Global Total Rewards Director, you'll be responsible for building out the immediate and long-term Total Rewards strategy for Gemini including benefits and wellness, compensation, and Immigration and Mobility to attract, motivate and retain our talent. You will also interact closely with our Systems and Analytics team, which focuses on HRIS implementation and maintenance and People data and analysis to align with any changes to our compensation and/or benefits packages. You will be expected to handle sensitive and confidential information, thus it is essential that you possess a strong degree of judgement and discretion. We’re looking for someone who is collaborative, humble, proactive, analytical, and extremely organized for this critical role on our team.
- Actualize our Total Rewards philosophy by implementing and refining rewards programs and streamlining internal processes for system and process updates.
- Collaborate effectively with People Operations, Talent Acquisition and Leaders across the organization.
- Work closely with the Talent team to build competitive and equitable compensation offerings, while leveraging knowledge of the evolving talent landscape.
- Manage, develop and empower a growing team of 4+ professionals focused on benefits and wellness, compensation, Immigration and Mobility; provide ongoing mentorship, training and development with an eye towards empowerment
- Oversee creation and integration of policies and procedures, ensuring compliance on a global scale
- Regularly benchmark company programs and monitor external trends in order to proactively adjust programs to ensure market competitiveness
- Oversee the company’s global compensation and benefits programs, including health, relocations, wellness and retirement programs to ensure attraction and retention of top talent
- Consistently enhance data sets by including relevant market data and develop recommendations for updates to job architecture, salary structures, benefit plans and short-term incentive plans
- Ensure benchmarking data and coding is reviewed on a regular basis and adjustments are made in line with the employee lifecycle
- Collaborate closely on People Ops technology implementation and maintenance including total rewards data management, data source integration, forecasting, reporting, and analysis
- Work with People Analytics to build out predictive modeling, analyses, report, and derive conclusions from complex interconnected data including visualization of data and trends including market intelligence data
- Collaborate with People Operations Business Partners to ensure consistency of messaging
- Oversee bi-annual pay analysis to ensure internal parity; design, build and evolve compensation metrics, reporting and tools to inform compensation program decisions
- Standardize, document and automate total rewards analysis, review, approval and implementation processes across all jurisdictions
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business, accounting or a combination of relevant experience, education and training
- 10+ years experience working in compensation or total rewards with experience in program design, market surveys, trend analysis, and business advisory; 4+ years managing Total Rewards programs and strategies
- 7+ years experience analyzing large, complex quantitative datasets; strength in data analytics
- Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Understanding of compliance in terms of pay equity with an eagerness to learn about and keep up-to-date on current employment legislation and industry trends
- Strict attention to detail
- Strong cross-functional project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable fielding difficult questions
- Demonstrated judgment and ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters effectively
- Advanced Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive, Sheets). Working knowledge of HRIS query and report writing tools
- Ability to multitask and remain flexible in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Demonstrated ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner and reprioritize accordingly to meet immediate needs.
- Experience with statistical software such as SQL, R, SPSS
- Ability to manage immediate, short-term projects while also moving forward with longer term initiatives
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and provide recommendations for improvements; desire to enhance efficiency and automate whenever possible
- Experience with BambooHR and Workday
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.