Head of Compensation
What you’ll be doing:
As the Leader of Compensation for all of Enova, you’ll be a lean team of 1, but have the opportunity to make a big impact across the organization at our publicly traded company. You will administer all operational aspects of Enova’s total compensation program, work directly with our CEO and with the Compensation Committee of Enova’s Board of Directors to facilitate executive compensation meetings, and be the ‘go-to’ consultant for our HRBP’s and Leadership team for everything needed to ensure Enova maintains our competitive advantage.
- The office is located within walking distance to both Union Station and Ogilvie which makes it easy to commute from within the city or the suburbs.
- Commuter benefits, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement, and a sabbatical program.
- Revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!)
Your core priorities will be to:
- Lead our salary based programs and initiatives as well as our variable incentive pay programs (including our annual cash bonus plan, long-term equity plan, and monthly commissions plans), plus act as our Monthly Commission Plan Committee Chair.
- Identify supportive market research and leverage competitive and relevant trends to proactively support internal and external salary recommendations that ensure Enova’s base salaries remain competitive.
- Manage our long-term incentive equity program, lead all grant and vesting activities in concert with our outsourced stock plan administrator and manage and monitor share utilization.
- Maintain our plan documents and be relied on for analytics and reports working in partnership with HRBP’s and business partners on various compensation initiatives.
- Prepare materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors, including setting of agenda and topics for meetings and managing the annual work plan.
- Understand Institutional Shareholder Services (“ISS”) policies and provide recommendations for compliance.
- Assist with drafting the annual proxy statement including the Compensation Discussion and Analysis (“CD&A”), Summary Compensation Table, and termination tables for the named executive officers
- Maintain the compensation plans and administer the annual compensation decisions within Workday.
What you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 8-10 years’ experience in a professional compensation role.
- Experience administering public company senior executive compensation plans.
- Led compensation programs from annual merit planning, variable pay (annual & commission), and outsourced stock plan administration.
- An ability to manipulate data in Excel and knowledge of advanced formulas and analytics.
- Experience using online marketing pricing tools, creating and managing salary ranges.
- Experience driving organization-wide projects from end to end including strategy, execution, and communication activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including group presentation skills and ability to influence.
- The ability to positively interact and effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working within the Workday HCM module a plus.
About our team:
Our People Team (you may know us as the Human Resources department) is committed to attracting, developing and retaining our people. You’ll sit alongside our Recruiting, People Resources, Benefits, Talent Development and PeopleTech teams, and be a part of a highly motivated, driven and smart group of folks, all focused on the same goal of making Enova a great place to work.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.