Head of HR Enablement and Employee Relations
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- The core of our employee experience is the working environment created by our frontline managers. Our HR organization has an HR Enablement Team (our HR generalists) that supports our frontline managers not just on BAU but as a first point of contact for employee relations issues. We also have an Employee Relations Center of Excellence that the HR Enablement team goes to for advice and guidance on matters related to corrective counseling or sensitive employee matters. Our employee relations center of excellence is our group of subject matter experts on all things Employee Relations. Our team helps make TransUnion a positive and compliant company to work for by staying in touch with labor law changes, recommending policy changes and working to design and execute on programs that support, educate and enable TransUnion associates to succeed.
- This role is responsible for leading and managing both the enablement team and the employee relations center of excellence here at TransUnion.
- Enablement Team: The goal of this team is to enable a culture where people own their performance and career, seize opportunities for professional growth, and feel valued and recognized for their contributions. A core responsibility of this job is to grow and develop the skills of the team to support that culture and to create the next generation of HR talent. To help create this environment, we need a team who can coach and advise managers and associates on a breath of topics including hiring, compensation, onboarding, performance management, development, change management, issue resolution and other employee relations matters. Your focus will be on developing those skills our HR partners need to support the delivery of the people plans and initiatives. Work with our lead HR Business Partners and CoE leaders to assign resources against key projects and initiatives.
- Employee Relations: You will provide thought leadership in developing workplace practices and policies that support TransUnion’s culture. You will provide employee relations expertise to ensure a positive ethical workplace environment and lead and advise on critical investigations. The position partners closely with the in-house legal employment team, or external employment law counsel as well as HR Business Partners in driving consistent ER processes across the organization while minimizing risk and ensuring a positive ethical workplace environment. You will be focused on the proactive (education and prevention) and the reactive (investigations). You will be responsible for providing expert level consultation, guidance and support in all matters related to employee relations. You will manage the center of excellence staff in the day to day performance of their jobs. You will ensure that project and team milestones and goals are achieved on time and while adhering to approved budgets.
- A bachelor’s college degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years Human Resources experience, preferably work as a Business Partner and running Employee Relations
- 5+ years of supervisory experience and project leadership
Impact You'll Make:
- Serve as coach and mentor in growing skills and capabilities of our HR Generalists, empowering them to advise and guide managers proactively on how to be great people managers.
- Serve as employee relations subject matter expert guiding the ER COE as they support associates, managers, and HR professionals.
- Provide counsel and guidance on matters related to employee relations including performance management, business case review and development, disparate impact analysis, corrective counseling, coaching, issue mediation, creating positive work environment, and simple investigations.
- Work in conjunction with Corporate Investigation Department on complex investigations reported via the Ethics Hotline.
- Create strategy and roadmap for enterprise programs to enable manager and HR professional self-service.
- Provide oversight to policy updates in accordance with local labor law.
- Review trends in case management system and report on trends. Provide analysis on trends to drive future roadmap of employee relations center of excellence.
- You will guide and direct the HR Enablement team and ER center of excellence staff in the day to day performance of their jobs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.