Head of People and Culture at Catch Co.
Catch Co is looking for a strategic and experienced Head of People & Culture to lead our company’s People Team. The overall mission will be to optimize employee performance and engagement through scalable recruiting, retention, and culture innovations. You will also find ways to create meaningful work and life experiences for Catch Co. employees. This is a critical role as Catch Co. looks to scale our 3 primary businesses and get the right talent in place for our long term growth.
What you will do:
- Culture and Employee Engagement
- Set overall employee engagement strategy
- Create a metrics/data driven approach to reporting on people and culture performance within the company. Deliver culture/team insights report to management quarterly
- Setup appropriate tools to measure employee job satisfaction
- Find opportunities to maintain culture and values as the employee base grows
- Identify key areas to integrate and communicate company purpose, vision, mission, and values across company activities
- Maintain finger on pulse of company culture and pro-actively raise red flags
- Manage employee engagement budget and set strategy for budget allocation
- Determine strategy for in-person events and collaboration activities
- Recruiting and Onboarding
- Review and optimize company recruiting practices and interview process
- Manage and maintain recruitment process to improve candidate pool and better identify top talent that aligns with company culture
- Lead company diversity and inclusivity initiatives
- Implement interview/recruitment training program for all managers to ensure consistent interview process across the org
- Manage and optimize onboarding process
- Professional Development
- Ensure that all employees have a scorecard or set of goals for overall management
- Implement manager training program to improve outcomes for employees at all levels
- Create thoughtful training and engagement programs for employees within 6 months
- Lead semi-annual review process, and improve overall process as necessary
- Organizational Design and Budget
- Collaborate with CEO/COO on overall organizational design
- Work with each functional lead to determine strategy, hiring needs, functional expertise needed, and overall organizational health
- Determine go forward office and workplace management strategy coming out of Covid
- Clearly define people team near-term objectives, goals, and plans
- Human Resources
- Work directly with our PEO on Human Resources management areas, such as benefits, tax, regulatory compliance, etc
What experience you need:
- Proven experience as Head of People/HR or similar role
- Data-driven (data-based decision making)
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Great communicator
- Emotional intelligence and listening skills
- Coaching and mentorship skills
- Business acumen
- Creativity/problem solving
- Organizational skills
- Sense of humor
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.