Head of People and Organizational Development at Rocket Travel, Inc
The Head of People and Organizational Development is a core part of the leadership team and will manage human resources, people operations, and organizational development functions for Rocket Travel, a subsidiary of Booking Holdings. We are looking for an experienced and empathetic person who will be responsible for building our people strategy and capabilities including hiring & onboarding, learning & development, compensation & benefits, diversity equity & inclusion, and other HR-related functions. This role is a great opportunity to bring outside experience to an existing team of energetic and highly-motivated people with a lot of institutional knowledge. This role reports to the CEO.As a Head of People and Organizational Development at Rocket Travel, you will:
- Help scale the organization’s talent to achieve our ambitious business goals
- Grow diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives to make Rocket a more welcoming and diverse place as it grows
- Develop and formalize career paths and compensation structures to retain high-performing talent
- Build a well operating recruiting and onboarding function that brings in the best talent and helps them hit the ground running
- Develop a learning & development strategy that allows employees to grow
- Help improve our employee net promoter scores even higher
- Join a talented team of two who are ready to collaborate with an experienced leader to make Rocket Travel a better place to work
- Be a trusted strategic advisor and business partner to the CEO, CFO, and senior leadership team
- Coordinate and work closely on all people-related items with our parent company, Agoda International, a part of the Booking Holdings Group
- First and foremost, someone who embodies and role models Rocket’s cultural values of accountability, curiosity, and community
- 10+ years of experience in leading HR and people teams to grow great companies and cultures, preferably in a high-growth tech environment
- Significant experience and passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Highly empathetic and energetic, with an aptitude for understanding people’s motivations
- Can proactively and independently guide a team to execute on strategic plans
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Love for travel and adventure
Supervisory Responsibility: This person will oversee the People Operations team, including the Head of Talent Engagement and People Operations Coordinator.
Travel: Occasional travel, when safe, to coordinate with other locations or affiliated companies such as Agoda and Bookings Holdings.
Work Schedule: Typical work days are Monday through FridayRocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Embody curiosity, community, and accountability. We live and build products by these values every day.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged to vacation faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, 401k with match, flexible vacation time, maternity and paternity benefits, health, and dental insurance.
- Work from our West-Loop Chicago Office. There is flexibility with being able to work remotely if needed, but this job requires a presence in the Chicago office.
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and we’re using 2021 to prepare for the future. We’re solidifying our tech stack, our business capabilities, polishing our UI, and growing our partnerships so that we’ll be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand for travel when the time comes.
Rocket Travel partners with loyalty programs around the world to make travel even more rewarding. Our customers can earn and redeem miles, points, and gift cards, or save big with exclusive discounts, for booking travel accommodations around the world, from global favorite brands to boutique bed and breakfasts. We also help our partners curate vacation excursion planning and car rental services, with a completely branded experience from the first search to check-out from their stay.
We attract customers from every corner of the globe with a user experience that's built in-house from ideation to finished product: our team includes front- and back-end developers, customer service, data analysts, designers, marketers, accountants, partnership sales, and managers. We have offices in Chicago (HQ), NYC, Medellin, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Cebu, as well as colleagues working remotely across four continents. Our global partnerships range from world-class airlines to international banks to large-scale shopping platforms.
We began in 2013 as a start-up, were acquired by Bookings Holdings Group two quick years later, and we've been growing rapidly ever since. Rocket Travel is dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone has the opportunity to reach new heights in their career, and expand their knowledge working alongside talented, dedicated colleagues. We encourage all applicants with a touch of wanderlust to apply to our team, as we work toward helping our travelers reach the vacation of their dreams.
Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel solutions, and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and we’re using 2020 to prepare for the future. We’re solidifying our tech stack, our business capabilities, and our partnerships so that we’ll be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand for travel when the time comes. We’d love for you to join us and help the world travel again!
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
At Rocket Travel, we’re building a diverse team that values accountability, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we’d love to talk with you even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed here. We don’t expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as they’re willing to learn and grow with us. Diversity, equity and inclusion are Rocket Travel priorities, and we are looking for candidates who will contribute positively to the company's mission to be an inclusive environment. Rocketmiles has multiple employee resource groups, including a diversity and inclusion committee, and has committed to DEI goals in hiring, employee retention, and the overall demographics of the organization. DEI is an important element of our values and we conduct ongoing and regular training for our teammates in an effort to foster collaboration, improve morale, and support one another.