Head of People Operations at Jiobit
If you’re looking for an HR job, sorry. Long live resourcing humans.
We’re looking for people who are challenging what it means to be HR. We’re looking for professionals who believe that the humans of Jiobit aren’t resources or commodities. They are our brand advocates; they are part of our product and the engine of what makes us successful (and you). When customers, investors, media, candidates, or family members interact with our employees, it’s an extension of our product. The care we put into our consumer journey should be equally matched to the employee journey.
If you’ve gotten this far, you are nodding your head and also probably:
- See the "butterfly effect" downstream impact of changes. You also realize the significance of your role, and the real impact your decisions have on the organization and our team members.
- Think strategically. You’re able to see the big picture, especially how it translates to company success. And, you’re able to translate your vision to others.
- You solicit feedback, manage change, and solicit champions among stakeholders in the business.
- Address core issues through peeling away layers and not just addressing the symptoms.
- You roll up your sleeves and dive into the details. You employ an operational, get-er-done mindset.
- Can architect People programs, policies and processes which enable our organization’s strategy. You can work backwards from an end state or forward from problem to solution. You think through implications and impacts, change management and roadblock resolution.
- Wear lots of different hats: diplomat, evangelist, strategist, therapist, referee, diagnostician, project manager, influencer, negotiator, cheerleader, wordsmith, cat-herder, counselor, orator.
THE OPPORTUNITY & THE IMPACT
We are looking for someone to serve as our Head of People Operations.
This is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and who wants to both enable (and mentor) those around them to create successes and grow but is also excited to make an impact with their own hands.
At the end of the day, this person will play a key role in helping Jiobit be a place that attracts and retains the best people in the industry.
In particular, this person will:
- Oversee the day to day operations for People Operations at Jiobit. Specifically, how we attract, engage, develop and deploy our team members within their careers. And you’re not just assuming “maintenance mode” – we’re growing tremendously, and we need to rethink every aspect of how we support the growing business from performance management to employee engagement.
- Serve as an internal business advisor, providing counsel to leadership and being a trusted advisor to all team members.
- Apply outstanding communication and Change Management magic to help ensure people-programs take hold. Guide team members to develop and employ these techniques to increase program implementation effectiveness.
- Diffuse people-related escalations. Ours is a kind and collaborative culture (and you’ll be part of helping us maintain that as we grow). But with people come conflict and with growth come challenges. Leveraging your extensive HR background to these situations, you’ll employ kindness, empathy, diplomacy and skill to shepherd us through those sticky situations.
Jiobit is the first of its kind patented location sharing platform, enabling the longest lasting and smallest real-time location products (indoor or out) with best-in-class security.
Featuring a host of encryption and security technologies, Jiobit is trusted by federal government customers, law enforcement professionals, and thousands of pet owners and families, with usage in every populated continent in the world.
Jiobit has won an Editor's Choice Award with PCMag and has been featured on CNBC, Buzzfeed, Techcrunch, and USA Today to name a few. Jiobit has offices in Chicago and Silicon Valley. With a strategic investment from Netgear, Inc., along with Chicago-based Venture Capital firm MATH Venture Partners, we are positioning the business for rapid growth.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Unlimited time off to juggle work/life balance
- Flexible work hours and location (work from home optional on Tuesday/Thursdays)
- Company retreats every 6 months
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (including 50% contribution for dependents)
- Paid holidays
- Short-term / Long-term Disability offered
- Competitive Stock Option & Equity Packages for leadership role in the company
- Cash compensation between $90,000 - $120,000 based on experience levels of the candidate
- 5-10+ years of human resource operations management experience in tech forward, high growth, fast-paced progressive environments.
- Startup or SMB experience highly preferred, or at least very familiar with the challenges posed by these types of organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of relevant local/state/federal/provincial employment laws.
- Strong background in management and organizational effectiveness.
- Experience managing exempt and nonexempt employees.
- Superb communication skills across all mediums - specifically in written communications, presentations, and in both verbal and nonverbal interpersonal communications.
- US work authorization, no H1-B sponsorships.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Learn our mission, values, and spend time with our team and get to know how we work, while also sharing your own best practices and HR expertise.
- Schedule Get To Know You sessions with our leadership team, and a smattering of people at various levels of the organization in various jobs just to get a true sense of what’s what.
- Fully understand our staffing process and hiring plan for the year. Dive right into recruiting and refine, as well as revise where necessary, our current processes and well as begin to roll out a more complete onboarding experience.
- Have a solid handle of our total rewards offerings and practices. This includes feeling knowledgeable about the payroll process, understanding our benefits offerings and how they’re administered, and beginning to think about how we can evolve our benefit programs to better resonate with our team members.
- Liaise with, and become an instrumental part of, our “Culture Club” comprised of volunteers who help guide our culture and employee engagement.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Implement best practices and gaps that have been observed in our business – we know enough to know we don’t know enough! Hence why we’re bringing you on!
- Be fully established as the go-to business partner for People Operations.
- You will have some well-thought out ideas on what we can do to help evolve key HR activities here. The reality is our organization is growing so quickly that we will either need to evolve or implement new programs. You will have determined what those should be, will have pitched those ideas, and will be well on your way to planning how those can be executed.
- Create your personal plan and goals for 2020
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- You will be the go-to person for your team. You will be able to trouble-shoot and problem-solve the majority of what they bring to you.
- Liaise with your colleagues to surface themes you identify as it pertains to individual team members’ engagement, growth, and development.
- Be Listener and Escalation-diffuser In Chief. This means interacting with team members at all levels as people, to understand what’s on their mind and address concerns in a manner that is in keeping with Jiobit’s values.
WITHIN NINE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- As the company grows, there will inevitably be many more programs to develop, implement and manage. Partner with the team and the rest of the organization with these initiatives.
- Fully embrace the role of the HR leader that you are!