About the Role
At Morningstar we believe that our employees are essential to our success, and our reward programs play a critical role in attracting and retaining talent. For this role, we need someone who can lead our compensation, benefit, and related programs and practices. We are looking for a creative, inspiring leader who can bring new ideas to challenge our thinking and support new business needs. Reward costs represent Morningstar’s largest expense, so this position requires a seasoned, influential leader who possesses deep analytical skills and financial savvy. This person will provide leadership and day-to-day management for a global team.
• Design and communicate our rewards philosophy. Develop and coach others to own that message with all managers and employees.
• Bring global knowledge of forward-thinking practices in rewards to design practices that fit best with Morningstar’s goals and culture; maintain a network of contacts and vendors to draw ideas and innovations from.
• Enliven our culture with our rewards program; identify tools to benchmark and innovate reward practices and recommend changes to total reward structures.
• Lead the annual compensation review processes, from devising program strategy to training managers to reviewing recommendations.
• Design and train managers and HR professionals on key compensation issues, concepts, or processes.
• Work with the talent acquisition team to ensure internal and external candidates receive appropriate offers consistent with our rewards philosophy.
• Craft leadership compensation strategies for review with the Board of Directors; own the creation of materials for the Compensation Committee.
• Manage external vendors related to reward programs and administration
• At least 10 years compensation experience
• Experience with executive compensation, sales compensation, broad-based compensation, and / or equity program design and administration
• Knowledge of multinational health retirement and welfare plan design and practice.
• Previous management consulting experience and corporate experience within a publicly traded company is a plus
• Successful record of leading multiple projects concurrently, sharing your experience and growing skills within the team
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to strategically solve problems
• High level of IT literacy with advanced Excel skills.
• Proficiency in using HR Information Systems (Workday) would be an advantage.
• University degree
• Willingness and ability to travel periodically