Head of University Talent Acquisition
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 26 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is looking for a Head of University Talent Acquisition (Chicago based) to join our Human Resources team. This position will report into the Global Head of Talent Acquisition.
As the Head of University Talent Acquisition, you’ll oversee the global university talent acquisition strategy and manage full life cycle recruitment processes including: developing position descriptions, creating and managing job postings, reviewing resumes, managing interview process and candidate communication, structuring and extending offers of employment, and overseeing background check processes and other on-boarding activities.
What is needed for this role:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) from a Top University
- A flexible approach and a willingness to constantly adapt in an ever-changing environment
- 5+ years of University recruiting experience, Financial Services or Technology industry experience strongly preferred
- Experience using social media, networking tools and research tools to source candidates.
- Must have strong initiative and sense of urgency, as well as proven experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to recruit for a wide variety of positions on a global basis
- Proven track record in leading a Global University Talent Acquisition Team and successfully completing global mandates in the STEM space
- Ability to brand and market both DRW and our opportunities across Top Universities as to broadly appeal to STEM talent
- People Management, Organizational & Project Management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and previous experience using applicant-tracking systems.
How you will create an impact:
- Manage all University relationships and continually monitor/adjust our Portfolio of schools as to best align University curriculums with the DRW opportunities & requirements.
- Partner with executive stakeholders and hiring managers to set and align strategies for each University recruiting season.
- Perform as a “player/coach”; must be willing to travel extensively to core schools during peak University recruiting cycles.
- Stay current with the University Recruiting landscape; competitor analysis, compensation, benefits, trends in recruitment - as to constantly be in a position to educate our stakeholders and drive change when needed.
- Responsibility for the DRW Brand on campus and ensuring that we are constantly marketing the opportunities at DRW in a robust and effective manner.
- Partner with Marketing & Communications team to ensure our opportunities, events etc. are appropriately marketed via all channels including but not limited to DRW.com, University sites and social media.
- Significant focus on Software Development, Quantitative Research and Trading Analyst talent at both the full-time an internship levels; s/he will be expected to design and execute new strategies to better compete for this talent while managing constantly growing and changing demand for talent.
- Ability to help evaluate, propose and implement new tools, strategies as needed with a keen focus on where we are/are not getting a return on our investment.
- Consult with the Talent Development Team to tailor the new grad training program for each incoming class.