HR and Immigration Specialist at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is looking for a passionate HR and Immigration Specialist to partner directly with an Employee Business Partner in driving positive experiences for employees and leaders across Kin + Carta through key areas including onboarding, immigration, employee relations, and more.Responsibilities
- Own and manage the immigration process including acting as the primary liaison between immigration attorneys and employees; create documentation to drive forward visa applications while ensuring a positive experience for employees
- Support new employee onboarding and offboarding; identify and analyze key trends
- Conduct employee investigations and handle employee relations matters; provide coaching to employees and leaders
- Provide leadership, HR expertise, and coaching to employees with a specific focus on employee retention, employee advocacy/engagement, employee relations management, performance management, compensation, and career development and talent assessment
- Assist with employee engagement initiatives such as survey implementation, data gathering/analysis, recommended courses of action, and action-item implementation or monitoring.
- Serve as a key resource on all relevant federal, state, local, and human resource regulations and policies
- Assist with the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures
- Provide advice and counsel to employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures, and practices
- Provide managers and employees with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues
- Accountable for EX data accuracy and oversight
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 3+ years of HR experience
- 2+ years of experience utilizing an HRIS
- 1+ years of experience managing the immigration process
- An empathetic HR professional who strives to ensure all employees have a great working experience
- Extremely detail-oriented and thorough
- Ability to create and use complex spreadsheets
- Go-getter with ideas and the follow-through to accomplish them from start to finish
- Love of learning and always looking to add to their skill sets
- Passionate about people and a servant leadership mentality
- Solid project management skills
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- The ability to understand, quickly react, and motivate others to adapt to the changing organization environment is a critical key to success
- Empathetic and enthusiastic communication style
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.