HR Benefits Specialist at KeHE Distributors
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Benefits Specialist supports the benefits team and Total Rewards Leaders with administrative duties. The Benefits Specialist provides support to the benefit team and site support for all benefit administration issues. Acts as a liaison between the sites, other HR team members and vendors to resolve issues. Assists in the development of processes and communication materials. The benefit specialist supports projects as needed. As with all positions at KeHE we expect that all actions will be consistent with KeHE's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Coordinate with benefits admin platform provider employee enrollment, termination of benefits or other changes when platform is unable to process.
- Maintain electronic employee benefit files and updates payroll records in UltiPro/UKG for benefits.
- Review, process and manages benefit related inquires received through the KeHE Freshdesk benefit ticketing system.
- Review and research discrepancy reports provided by vendors as well as those run internally.
- Process necessary corrections to ensure accuracy and data integrity.
- Assist in the creation of processes and procedures to be compliant with state, federal and IRS regulations.
- Create and update SOPs as they pertain to internal processes.
- Coordinate and communicate life insurance claims with beneficiaries and HRBPs.
- Assist with managing COBRA related benefits.
- Assist in the development of benefit communications.
- Provide recommendations based on patterns or questions received through the Freshdesk ticketing system or HRBPs.
- Assist in the coordination, communication, and execution of the annual open enrollment process.
- Provide exceptional service and support to internal and external customers.
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
- Support the senior team in Total Rewards and benefits administrative activities.
- Other duties and special projects as requested.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities and Requirements:
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Comfortable working with all levels of management and related to benefit projects.
- Capable of understanding complex plan documents and insurance contracts.
- Able to perform multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Maintains good attendance.
- Maintains safe work practices.
Education and Experience:
- 2-year Associates Degree or above.
- At least 2-years Employee Benefits experience
- Employee-owned company, or Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) experience helpful
- Benefit Administration System: Businessolver experience preferred.