HR Business Partner Director - Customer Success at DocuSign
Director, HR Business Partner –Customer Success
People & Social Responsibility I Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our People & Social Responsibility team is creating a unique culture at DocuSign – one that is collaborative and one that embraces the full range of perspectives and experiences of all our employees. People are what drive our company’s success. That is why we focus on hiring the right people and giving them the tools and training they need to do the work of their lives. We recognize our people are driven by a sense of purpose and want to give back. That’s why we established the DocuSign IMPACT Foundation and the DocuSign for Forests initiative which demonstrates our people’s character in action.
The Director, HR Business Partner is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our Customer Success teams. This role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing excellent support to employees and managers, coaching leaders and driving HR programs and process improvement. Working closely with our COEs in Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Compensation, D&I and HR Operations, this role is a leadership partner that is critical to the success of the company. DocuSign enables employees to do the work of their life, and the HRBP role is central to this commitment, both for yourself and our entire employee base.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the Sr. Director of HR for the COO, Marketing & Customer Success Organizations.
- Drive a company culture of passion, trust, accountability and engagement through HR programs that support strong business results and employee engagement
- Work in partnership with senior management to recommend, develop and implement programmatic approaches to address key people resource issues, including diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, performance management, recognition, organizational design and effectiveness, workforce planning, succession planning and change management.
- Deep understanding of rapidly changing work environments and cultures, must be confident and able to thrive in ambiguous and high growth environments, and be able to engage and drive value pro-actively
- Analyzing the "pulse" of the organization to ensure a high level of employee engagement and creative strategies to address focus areas
- Help maintain a high-performance culture by coaching leadership teams to improve their effectiveness through organizational design and development
- Advise managers and employees on complex performance issues providing solid guidance on legal and regulatory trends in order to reduce potential business liabilities.
- Ability to solve problems and identify root causes of various complex issues and design quickly implementable solutions across geographies
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and desire to achieve excellence
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- 5+ years human resource business partner experience supporting various functions in a technology company
- 12 years of overall experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience having worked in both smaller companies as well as large complex ones
- HRBP experience supporting revenue generating teams (Customer Success, , Sales)
- Experience thriving in ambiguous and high growth environments, and able to engage and drive value pro-actively
- Ability to work across cultural and geographical boundaries and build HR approaches that deliver value across diverse global markets. Interact, influence and collaborate across different cultures, languages and time zones.
- Track record of success in creating and driving effective performance management, employee relations, recognition programs, and career development programs
- Comfort interacting at all levels of the organization and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- An enthusiastic team player with excellent self-management and interpersonal skills, and a strong drive to move the business forward
- Preferred if candidate has an MBA or certification in HRM
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.