HR Business Partner, Sales
Meraki, a Cisco business unit, seeks a thoughtful, resourceful, and dedicated individual to join the People Operations Team in San Francisco. We are currently 1400+ employees across the world and growing rapidly. We want to maintain the personal touch and speed of a small company while leveraging the benefits of the global Cisco brand.
People teams have to be prepared for and thoughtful about current and future business needs. The most successful Human Resources Business Partners in our organization are those who are able to connect with, advise, and coach leaders to help them grow teams that consistently deliver their best work. They are adept at forming relationships and dedicated to aligning the business’ needs with our people strategy. We are proud of our team and we are looking for a talented individual who shares our passion for helping individuals develop and grow to meet the demands of the business both today and in the future.
What you will do:
- Provide high-touch, frontline support to leaders and employees, acting as a one-stop contact for all strategies related to people in your assigned functional teams, managing both big ideas and tiny tasks.
- Coach leaders and employees, supporting them on growth and development.
- Utilize best practices and sound judgment to help leaders make difficult decisions.
- Consult with leaders to help them navigate through employee issues so they understand the different risks and benefits of different scenarios to make the best decision possible for the organization.
- Work with leaders to scope and execute great people projects (e.g., leader/employee development, compensation strategy design, etc.).
- Assist with the collection and analysis of employee data to help drive the development of the people strategy.
- Design, deliver and implement presentations and trainings that provide employees with actionable leadership and career development skills.
- Maintain a great working environment and culture for the business unit to help ensure we are living in alignment with Meraki’s mission, vision, and values.
Who you are:
- Confident and calm. Your presence is re-assuring and you can help people accomplish what is required by the business. You aren’t afraid to weigh the options, influence decision making, and make recommendations. You accept change and are resilient, adapting to meet the nuanced needs of various partners.
- Collaborative and authentic. You can communicate complicated ideas simply, you like working on teams, and you are committed to finding the best solution. You are comfortable with giving and receiving feedback as well as with being able to productively manage conflict. You are accountable for your own actions and results.
- Observant and proactive. You are a good listener, picking up on what is being said and what is not being said, especially within areas of ambiguity or uncertainty. You are inclined to empathize and understand what someone else thinks and enables them reflect on the situation they are in and to define next steps. You are also able to identify problems autonomously, anticipating and actualizing the needs of the business.
- Curious and pensive. You ask great questions and can quickly get to the heart of the matter. You can keep an open mind to allow for the best solution to emerge. You also take data seriously and seek information to help direct your decision making.
- Open-minded and adaptable. You are willing to listen to other perspectives and able to put yourself in someone else’s position. You are flexible and understanding of the fluid environment in which we work to support change as it arises.
- Knowledgeable and experienced. You have a BA/BS degree, and preferably a Master’s relevant to this role. You have 5+ years experience in human resources, consulting or related field. You hold discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information. You are comfortable learning the tools of the trade (HRIS, ATS, and compensation/budget planning tools).
- Quirky and quirky. Willing to laugh at our jokes.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.