HR Business Partner at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
Reporting to SVP of People, Vikki Caruso, as the HR Business Partner you will build strong relationships with functional leaders, hiring managers, and critical stakeholders, operating as a credible, reliable subject matter expert. You will act as a partner to the business to ensure HR alignment with organizational goals.
What will you do?
- Understand our business holistically, be proactive in support of managers and employees as related to HR matters, and provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Create and deliver HR related content in the form of resources, help tools, training, etc. to support the evolving needs of the business
- Develop and drive strategies to attract, develop, engage, and retain strong and diverse talent
- Manage open enrollment, understand and support benefits administration, and be the point person on our team to help our employees
- Collaborate with partners to coordinate Company events such as lunches, employee appreciation, new employee orientation, training and employee engagement events
- Develop communications and communication plans as needed around programs, notifications, and yearly events impacted large parts of the organization
- Manage and resolves employee relations issues including conducting thorough and objective investigations ensuring consistency
- Work closely with the leadership and employees to improve work relationships, create culture, build morale, and retention
- Advise on all HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Support the engagement and execution performance cycle programs, lead training and development processes ensuring alignment with business/individual results
What do you have?
- At least 4 to 6 years of experience in a HR Generalist role
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines with a focus on employee relations, staffing, performance management, succession planning and employment law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, highly capable of exercising tact and discretion
- Highly detailed and ability to analyze and interpret results to create effective solutions
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and leverage past experience to make solid recommendations for the business
- Initiative to effectively meet the demands of multiple and sometimes conflicting internal customers
- Ability to work independently, execute multiple tasks simultaneously, and cut through ambiguity
- Unrivaled attention to detail and consistent delivery of the highest quality of work
- PHR/SPHR is a plus, but not required
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social