HR Business Partner at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 115,000 restaurants and over 20 million diners across 2,200 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
As an HRBP on the people team, you will be responsible for providing HR partnership for key business units in our Chicago headquarters location. The ideal candidate will be a true business partner that will proactively collaborate with leaders in the development and implementation of HR to optimize talent, process and culture.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Ability to collaborate with senior leadership in designing and facilitating talent planning process that ensures business continuity and helps to achieve talent goals
- Proficient in assessing and developing competencies and standards for leaders at all levels of the organization and overseeing the delivery of leadership development programs enterprise-wide
- Ability to support Grubhub’s business and people strategies through the creation of people development programs and processes that leverage employees’ unique talents and motivate their sustained commitment to Grubhub’s success
- Ability to translate business strategies into talent development opportunities through a stable curriculum that will meet Grubhub’s ongoing business needs
- Experience leading large scale cultural change in a highly complex organization undergoing a significant transformation
- Ability to be comfortable and effective in a fast-paced and solidly matrixed organizational environment that is both consensus- and mission-driven
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a hands-on manner, adjusting to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to prioritize and effectively anticipate and respond to issues as they arise
You Should Have
- At least 7+ years experience in human resource management
- Progressive Human Resources experience, preferably in an ecommerce or technology work environment
- Proven expertise in developing strategic partnerships with senior management and influencing key business decisions
- Excellent communication (verbal, written) skills
- A passion for learning and development and someone not afraid to lead a class or meeting for a large group of leaders
- Demonstrated ability to manage human resources at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Intellectual acumen, sound judgment, professional and personal integrity, initiative and flexibility, combined with solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Assertive, high energy, independent, results-oriented demeanor and a strong drive to succeed
- Ability to travel to 20% of the time
Got These? Even Better:
- MBA or Master’s degree a plus
- Leadership (both directly and indirectly) is a plus!
And Of Course, Perks!
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.