HR Generalist at closerlook, inc.
closerlook's HR Generalist will bring demonstrated experience and expertise in crafting onboarding experiences, performance management, employment law, payroll and employee relations to a strong, productive and healthy working environment. The HR Generalist must be a master at prioritizing, sequencing tasks and be able to pivot as agency needs change. This role has the unique opportunity to build and shape the HR function as a strategic contributor to the culture of our growing and evolving company. The HR Generalist will also assist the VP, Human Resources in delivering upon strategic and developmental needs, evaluating current operating procedures and implementing best practices.
This role will play a key role in the updating and execution of onboarding efforts across the agency. Ensuring a seemless process from offer acceptance through an employee’s first 90 days.
- Provide leadership and direction for the new hire onboarding process including documentation and execution
- Lead all new hire onboarding sessions
- Regularly evaluate the process, gather feedback from new hires and optimize/adapt the process
- Build out new modules to ensure proper training and consistent onboarding across agency competencies
- Coach managers to effectively onboard new members
- Manage new staff through their first 90 days at closerlook
Learning & Development
- Assist VP, Human Resources in developing training curriculum across skills and competencies
- Manage creation of onboarding training presentations and materials, facilitate programs as necessary
- Provide scheduling support to agency-wide required training programs
- Assist in managing and administering closerlook's Performance Management process
- Provide training on system and processes, as needed
- Formalize training around goal setting and quarterly feedback reviews
- Ensure all new hires are trained on Performance management process and related systems
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of employment law; communicate its impact on all facets of operation at closerlook
- Manage state and federal legal compliance; promote workplace diversity
- Develop/maintain policies or adjust existing policies as necessary
- Maintain/update employee handbook
Employee Relations & Retention
- Provide confidential counsel and advice to employees and managers to ensure appropriate steps are taken with respect to all employee relations issues within the company’s policies and procedures
- Train staff on closerlook employment policies
- Maintain diplomacy and fairness in all dealings
- Promote closerlook values and culture
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
- Assist VP, Human Resources in supporting and enabling employee resource groups
- Provide leadership and guidance to groups in enabling them to educate and activate programs for the agency
- Ensure closerlooks’s DEI practices are consistently upheld through all facets of employee experience (recruiting, onboarding, policy roll-out, employee relations,etc.)
- Actively participate in and share responsibility for administering the benefit plans in accordance with the Plan agreements and established policies
- Ensure that all employees are getting appropriate levels of customer service from benefits providers
- Exercise knowledge of local state laws to insure compliance on all levels with respect to benefits (unemployment, FMLA, etc.)
- Build and facilitate a comprehensive wellness program
- Assist Senior Recruiting with offer letters, scheduling and ad hoc tasks
- Partner with Senior Recruiter on building and recruiting interns for internship program
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, Business or related field
- 3-5 years HR experience within a services firm; preferably in an agency setting staffed by creative and technical talent
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Dedicated service orientation (to staff, management, business partners, etc.)
- Ability to become a trusted advisor with staff and management
- Strong presentation skills
- Business writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business/Liberal Arts or the equivalent
- At least 1 year of Human Resources generalist experience
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- Strong attention to detail, analysis and administration skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent relationship building, coaching, counseling skills, along with a balance of analytical skills
- Strong MS Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
ABOUT CLOSERLOOK, INC.
closerlook is a new type of marketing agency that helps biopharma brands make a difference in the lives of patients and those who care for them.
We focus on what matters most—the combination of better patient outcomes and bigger business impact.
Learn more at closerlook.com
EQUALITY FOR ALL: AT THE HEART OF WHAT MATTERS
At closerlook, equality for all is a core value that’s at the heart of what matters. We believe in building a diverse and inclusive culture across race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, mental health, and physical ability. We celebrate our differences and champion diverse thinking to drive innovation — in a safe environment so everyone can be their authentic selves. By valuing and promoting our different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences as strengths, we are positioned to best serve patients, healthcare professionals, and the communities around us.