HR Generalist at Paro
We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances. Paro matches businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We only accept 2% of applicants into our highly curated network of experts, so clients know they’re working with the best of the best.
Ultimately, our mission is to empower business professionals to pursue meaningful work on their own terms. We provide freelancers with a platform to grow and manage their book of business, along with tools to predict their future earnings.
Working at Paro
Join us as we build the future of work and make finding perfect-fit talent as simple as buying a product online. A mass migration to the freelance economy is already underway, and many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2025. We are backed by Revolution Ventures, Sierra Ventures, FJ Labs, and other leading investors and angels, and we are on the path to disrupting the $500+bn antiquated finance/accounting industry.
We value taking smart risks and having each others’ backs. We welcome challenges, and we are rigorous in ensuring all voices are heard. We are open to understanding each other’s experiences and communicating effectively together. We work hard, but we also want every employee to enjoy the journey. We work collaboratively, do the right thing, never settle and put our best work into everything we do. We believe our teams deserve to be surrounded with others who can be their authentic selves at work while driving forward the future of work with Paro.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Paro is seeking a passionate individual to join our People team. You will be working directly with the company’s executive team reporting to the Paro CPO. The People Team provides transactional, telephone and in-person (post-COVID) support to our employees and managers across all aspects of the employee journey. Candidates will have experience of setting up and successfully delivering HR processes through technology and using their coaching and interpersonal communication skills to support managers and employees. Experience with HR systems, as well as good knowledge of HR practices and requirements. This is a key role in a dynamic and growing environment with the potential for the role to develop further.
- Work effectively across all functional areas of the business (Ops, Product, Sales, Marketing) to support our employees through their journey at Paro.
- Partner with recruiters to seamlessly onboard new employees to ensure the best experience possible.
- Be the subject matter expert on all HR processes, procedures and compliance requirements including payroll changes, personal information updates, organizational management updates and all basic HR legal requirements
- Manage all payroll inputs and signoff with external provider to deliver right first time payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Take ownership of processing all documents such as offer letters, employee handbook, onboarding forms, I9s, and W2s.
- Run benefits program working with external provider on annual open enrollment as well as ongoing additions and changes for new and existing employees
- Provide weekly reports with insights on our people – new starters, engagement, leavers, etc.
- Own our onboarding/orientation and off-boarding processes supporting managers and our employees. Seek to improve through feedback, automation and best practices.
- Participate in and drive projects and initiatives to implement process improvements, provide a high quality delivery of our services to our people at Paro.
- Manage and expand our employee data in the right HR system solution and support Paro leaders in making that choice through your experience and knowledge.
- Manage and deliver a great “at home” employee experience including team lunches, lunch and learns, team events, grub hub vouchers etc. Manage and deliver “in person” events when it is safe to do so.
- Previous work experience in HR in a fast paced environment.
- Undergraduate degree in a HR or equivalent.
- 2+ years supporting employees via phone, video, and through an HR system.
- Experience of setting up HR processes using technology and self-service in a simple and streamlined manner.
- Excellent customer service having supported teams virtually and in/through the COVID19 pandemic.
- A good understanding of payroll and benefits management, local and federal HR-related laws and compliance requirements.
Benefits at Paro
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Parental Leave
- Comprehensive benefits package offering including: Medical (BCBS), dental, vision insurance, 401(k), etc.
- Flexibility to work from the office or remotely (as needed)
- Unlimited PTO – we trust you
- Company Holidays-in recognition of 10+ federal holidays each year
- Unique Paro Holidays to rest & recharge for one day each month when there isn’t a company holiday (minimum time off)
- Great River North office location, steps away from public transportation
- Pet friendly office
- Casual office environment
At Paro, we pride ourselves on our strong value-oriented culture—which we created together as a team—and look to bring on new team members who also embody these values.
Enjoy the journey
We bring energy to an antiquated and stale industry
We embrace fun
We don’t take ourselves too seriously
Have each other’s backs
We are a team; we win together and lose together
We can handle anything
We feel confident to take risks because we serve as each other’s safety net
We are a community, not just a workplace
Do the right thing
We don’t cut corners; we take a long-term view of success
We deposit in the Karma bank
We are loyal to clients and freelancers
We are transparent and don’t hold ulterior motives
Take Smart Risks
We believe that trying and failing is better than not trying at all
We think creatively about obstacles
We challenge assumptions
We are nimble
We invent new ways to do what we do
We want to be comfortably uncomfortable and encourage each other to take on new and more challenging projects
We are each accountable for every team member being their best and push each other and give others permission to push you
We bring our whole selves to work; we're cool with who you are, professional and otherwise!
We recognize that everyone brings something important to the table and that conflict helps us grow
We are sensitive to our differences; we value being yourself while making space for others to be themselves
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion as we grow