At Ascent, we exist to make compliance easier, more accurate and lower cost for companies and increase the effectiveness of how the market institutes and designs regulations in the process.
As the HR Generalist, you’ll be responsible for bringing this vision to life by spearheading all of Ascent’s core HR, including administrative, compliance-based, and strategic projects, and will report directly to the CEO in this position.
The Objectives You’re Here to Meet
- Recruiting: Manage the recruiting process end-to-end, from sourcing qualified candidates from a diverse pool and scheduling interviews to managing the offer letter process and supporting onboarding.
- Culture & Inclusion: Coordinate and drive initiatives alongside management to build an inclusive, welcoming, and productive culture.
- Administration: Spearhead all things HR processes, including benefits and compensation analysis, health and safety, employee self-service, and record-keeping.
- Organizational Development: Manage the day-to-day implementation of all strategic initiatives related to organizational development, including feedback and communication, performance management, compensation, and employee relations.
- Training and Talent Development: Enhance and own all onboarding and benefits orientation programs, while also supporting leadership in developing and launching new learning and development and professional growth-oriented education programs.
How You’ll Meet Those Objectives
- Own and implement the full recruitment process across Ascent for exempt, non-exempt, and contract positions.
- Source, track, and recommend candidates for open positions across levels and business lines.
- Manage both the interviewer and candidate experiences through communications strategies, scheduling, and detailed record-keeping.
- Create offer letters, onboarding and orientation guides, and documentation processes around new hires.
- Own and lead all onboarding and benefits orientation trainings and serve as the primary point of contact during the onboarding process.
- Manage all Ascent people operations systems and platforms on a day-to-day basis, including tools used for performance management, payroll and benefits, feedback and communication, and employee relations.
- Support the leadership team in launching and maintaining company-wide inclusion, education, engagement, and appreciation initiatives.
- Track people-related company metrics, including KPIs for recruiting, retention, diversity, inclusion, and employee satisfaction
- Oversee the implementation of the Employee Handbook and Code of Conduct, including managing guidelines around communication, working hours, health, and safety.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience managing human resources administration functions.
- Expertise in orchestrating an inclusive hiring process
- Exceptional organization skills and a true passion for details and process – you’re the kind of person that thinks any problem can be solved with a list.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that will wow candidates and make employees feel understood.
- An active interest in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in growing companies.
- Comfort working in fast-moving, high performance, and quickly growing organizations where priorities and responsibilities change regularly.
- A passion for celebration, bringing joy to others, and not just having a good time, but being the person behind it.
How We’ll Invest in You
- Medical, dental, vision, mental health insurance – with premiums fully paid by Ascent
- The hardware and software you need to be effective
- Professional development stipend
- Office in Prudential Plaza with an amazing view of the park/lake and pedway access
- Private, dedicated room space for New Mothers
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!
More About Ascent
Ascent helps its customers follow laws and regulations. We are a new type of company, a “RegTech” organization that combines a SaaS platform with intelligent content to provide customized tools and targeted advice for our customers. We’re using modern techniques like machine learning and predictive analytics to stay on the cutting edge of our industry.
The Ascent platform makes it easy for compliance officers in regulated industries to see exactly what is expected of their companies, then track and report on the steps they’re taking to stay compliant. The efficient intelligence we provide helps our customers fulfill the spirit (and letter) of their obligations in a way that lets them breathe easy and focus on creating value for their own customers through their core business.
We’re a team of compliance officers, lawyers, data scientists, and technologists united by the goal of helping our customers know their business so well that they not only comply with their obligations, but anticipate their future exposure. We combine decades of experience for actionable insights that are built into the platform. We believe a diversity of opinions and perspectives creates a stronger team and product, and we are committed to an equal opportunity hiring process.