HR Manager, Compensation at West Monroe Partners
HR Manager, Compensation
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? As a leader of Compensation, you have the opportunity to influence the attraction and retention of a world-class workforce and impact the firm’s aggressive growth goals.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
In this role you will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing and administering compensation programs for West Monroe Partners specifically in the areas of compensation including base salary, variable pay programs and non-cash reward and recognition programs.
What will you be doing?
* Manage the annual Compensation Review process to include updating salary bands, merit budget recommendations and bonus plan allocation by region.
* Manage programs such as: deferred compensation plans, variable compensation plans, health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, employee assistance, 401(k), and other company plans and programs.
* Lead the annual Salary Planning process to include tool design, process administration and follow-up analysis. Ensure overall adherence to approved budget.
* Design and administer incentive, sales compensation/incentive/commission, stock options, and bonus plans.
* Prepare executive level presentations for Executive & Board meetings.
* Develop compensation policies and programs as needed.
* Lead compensation and benefits due diligence activities for all mergers and acquisitions.
* Ensure compensation related programs are compliant with related compensation labor laws and regulations. Stay abreast of best practices and recommend current and relevant updates to company compensation programs.
* Work with accounting, legal, and tax departments to ensure accurate financial reporting, compliance with all tax laws.
* Maintain a working knowledge of international, federal, and state legislation influencing compensation and benefits.
* Monitor and evaluate the company's benefits programs, including insurance programs, retirement plans, sick leave, time off, and vacation policies.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resource Management, Accounting, Finance, or similar discipline. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred, but not required.
* The ideal candidate has subject matter expertise and a minimum of 8+ years of related experience ideally as a Consultant in executive compensation, rewards and talent management within the professional services industry.
* Strong knowledge of tax, corporate finance, regulatory and accounting requirements in order to administer effective executive compensation programs.
* An executive presence with the ability to influence senior management; and work across all levels of an organization.
* Strong communication skills with prior experience preparing and delivering executive level presentations.
* Collaborative business style to work effectively across the organization, with external trusted partners and employees.
* Superior written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions.
* Superior analytical skills and understanding of human resource and financial issues and best practices.
* Ability to handle high level of confidentiality regarding employee information.
* Excellent planning, time management, decision-making, presentation, organization and interpersonal skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel PowerPoint skills required. Solid Microsoft Office Word skills.
* Demonstrated ability to think critically, analyze, listen, clarify, solve problems and work independently critical.
* Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously critical to the success of this role.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.