HR Manager, Sales & Operations (HRBP)
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
About the HR Team
As a People Team at Trunk Club, we support and encourage innovation, adaptability, accountability, knowledge, and collaboration in each other and in everything we do. We encompass a dynamic group of individuals dedicated to an amazing employee experience and a deep sense of teamwork. The HR Manager acts as a functional leader of the team and strategic partner to the line by embedding corporate HR strategy into day-to-day work and providing professional HR guidance and support to client groups with the objective of adding value to the business.
What you’ll do
- Support, mentor, and develop a team of four HR Advisors based in various Clubhouse locations.
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capacity related to people capabilities, behaviors, organizational design, and processes.
- Regularly travel (~15-20% travel) to various Clubhouse locations to support HR team members and teams.
- Support and drive the HR mission and people strategy to align withompany goals.
- Support diversity, inclusion and belonging efforts across the company.
- Partner with senior sales and operations leaders and drive value through HR partnerships across the organization that support efficiency, process improvements and optimizing our talent.
- Conduct weekly meetings with respective business leaders and functional HR team.
- Consult with leaders, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring compliance.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide guidance and interpretation of policies as needed.
- Provide guidance and input on organizational changes, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Evaluate and monitor new programs to ensure success and reinforce as needed.
Who you are
- Experience in management roles with progressively larger responsibility.
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated understanding of retail and the service environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and senior leaders
- Ability to travel (~15-20%) to various Clubhouse locations
- Strong strategic planning, consultative abilities and critical thinking skills; proven ability to think in white space.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills with senior leaders
- Ability to navigate and effectively influence at various levels of the organization comfortable with ambiguity
- Degree in related field preferred or demonstrated experience required, PHR or SPHR designation preferred.
- 7+ years relevant HR experience
How we work
- With others. Work closely with leaders across the organization to build teams and support who collectively make up our curious and collaborative culture.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee shop!