At FTD, LLC, we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where support from the Human Resource group helps guide our business through teamwork, HR-partnership experience, and strong customer service to our internal and external customers.
We are searching for top-level professionals to join us at FTD Companies. The HR Specialist will take a leading role in supporting business initiatives while managing human capital within our Floral-brand E-Commerce business.
You Will Contribute to people management from attraction, upskilling and reskilling, and off-boarding while focusing on the employee life cycle at FTD. You will also help in these areas:
· Respond to employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs. Partner with the Director on HR-related questions regarding policy interpretation and application; listen to employee concerns and provide recommendations to supervisor and/or employee. Escalate issues to HR leadership as appropriate.
· Manage the employee events calendar; plans and executes employee events.
· Manages leaves of absences and short-term/long-term disability cases, including communication with employees, management and third party vendor.
· Assist with call center seasonal hiring, including but not limited to: recruiting, interviewing, testing, and selecting employees to fill vacant positions. Provides generalist support to all core and seasonal call center employees
· Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; update, refresh, and maintain employee handbook. Manages leaves of absences and short-term/long-term disability cases, including communication with employees, management and third party vendor.
What we seek is a HR Specialist with the ability to work on a broad range of different projects and technologies who loves to provide expert level of customer service, is excited about building towards the future, is passionate and has a strong moral compass. These are the qualities we are looking for:
· Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including knowledge of EEOC, immigration, ADA, Workers' Compensation, and FMLA
· Effective presentation skills in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Demonstrated experience in employee relations, including conflict resolution, corrective action, terminations, policy, and procedure management.
· Proven history of solving for problems not just identifying them.
What we offer is an opportunity to be a part of a team that effectively mitigates risk while ensuring customer satisfaction. We encourage and welcome out-of-the-box ideas in all areas of business as we push for efficiency and collaboration. We enjoy all the benefits of working for a digital E-Commerce Company.
Join us and contribute to our digital transformation! While you are part of the Human Resource team, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few high-traffic E-Commerce companies that can offer you the possibility of adding your fingerprint on the development and resurgence of a 109-year-old company.
Reporting to: Joe Lee
Location: Downers Grove (occasionally to Chicago)
Hours: 8:30-5(M-F), Weekend as necessary (infrequent)
Recruiter: Ty Malone Cation