HR Systems Analyst at KeHE Distributors
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
This position partners with the Director, HR Systems, the Manager, HR Systems and their customers to analyze work process design and flow, improve processes and leverage the return on technological capabilities. The HR Systems Analyst builds project plans, ensures adherence to project schedules, maintains a systems orientation and can work effectively with peers to set technology priorities and conduct long-term planning. This position also serves as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional area and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The HR Systems Analyst also supports system upgrades, testing and other technical projects as assigned. As with all positions at KeHE, we expect that all actions will be consistent with KeHE's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Manages projects/process improvement, including applying change management experience to facilitate movement to new levels of quality.
- Identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities.
- Compares data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions.
- Takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Uses these data to build project plans and ensure adherence to schedule and other specifications.
- Utilizes interpersonal skills when working with various customers and peers to accomplish project goals.
- Recommends process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy, which must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation.
- Understands and uses qualitative/quantitative measurement and data collection design principles.
- Performs system maintenance, including assisting in the review, testing and implementation of HR system upgrades. Maintains HR system tables. Documents process and results.
- Provides production support/customer service to internal and external customers, including researching and resolving HR systems issues, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Generates reports/queries, including writing maintaining and supporting a variety of reports or queries utilizing Cognos Analytics and Excel. Assists in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Helps maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Conducts training, including developing user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Trains clients on new processes/functionality. Assists in the training new system users.
- May assist in the development and administration of vendor data interfaces.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in HRMS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examines trends in information systems training, materials and techniques. Through classes, reading, CBTs or other mechanisms, continuously increases both HR knowledge and HR systems application/tools knowledge. Participates in user group meetings/conferences.
- Assumes other projects and duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- Associates degree
- Proficiency with Excel, including writing formulas, VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.
- UKG Pro (UltiPro) HRIS/Payroll experience
- Cognos Analytics experience
- Minimum two years of previous, relevant HRIS experience required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience preferred
- UKG Pro (UltiPro) Time & Attendance (UTA) experience strongly preferred
- iCIMS experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills, be resourceful and well organized
- Strong time management skills and an ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Comfortable working with both high level and lower-level projects
- Able to perform multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities