HRIS Technical Lead (Workday)
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe HR Technology Team supports HR applications including Workday HCM and BrassRing. This operational team works directly with internal customers to answer questions, fulfill large data entry requests, troubleshoot and resolve system issues, provide enhancements and manage periodic system updates.
Job DescriptionThis position will serve as a technical leader and strategic advisor for Workday HCM, working with HR functional teams to provide creative solutions and long-term vision for the platform. Specifically, provide leadership in areas of Workday business processes, reporting and integrations. Additional responsibilities include:
- Oversee and manage the ongoing design, configuration, deployment, and maintenance of the HR Business Processes in Workday.
- Serve as a strong consultative partner to business users and functional leaders to continuously improve service delivery.
- Analyze, design and build new complex custom reports relating multiple objects and including data transformations with standard Workday reporting functionality (ex: Report Writer, Calculated Fields).
- Create, edit and remove organization security roles for the system and provide support for issues relating to User Based Securities in Workday.
- Participate in report reviews, including understanding and ensuring security and data privacy standards.
- Manage system integrations within the architecture of the HR system and middleware.
- Provide support for Workday inbound and outbound integration issues, changes to existing integrations and well as new integrations.
- Perform routine break/fix support and regression testing and support the inbound/outbound interfaces to the system and middleware.
- Consult with business and technical teams about interface design and maintenance; collaborate with other architects and technical leads on design decisions.
- Stay abreast of new functionality becoming available in Workday and drive the deployment of feature releases.
- Strong technical Workday skills
- Ability to understand HR processes and can work with HR clients to come up with creative solutions
- Expertise in Workday time and absence management and related business processes
- In-depth understanding of security models and approaches to implementing security architecture within Workday
- Knowledge of Workday implementation tools (Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB), Workday Studio, Workday Report Writer, and iLoad)
- Experience with Web Services and APIs (WSDL, SOAP, REST and WS standards)
- Background in data transformation and analytics
- Strong technical experience with XML and Java
- Ability to work and coordinate with third parties on data standards and integration related inquiries
- Strong experience with interface, networking, and data warehousing technologies, as well as design, relational database technologies, and performance tuning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with team members and leadership
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle both planned and unplanned responsibilities
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Seeking emphasis in relevant technical field (Information Technology, Computer Science, Software, Engineering or related technical discipline).
- 5+ years of Software Development experience
- 2+ years of experience in Workday business processes, report generation and interface architecture
Basic RequirementsBachelors Degree
5+ years of Software Development experience
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.