Human Resource Business Partner
At Yum!, we’re looking for a human resources manager who will be responsible for leading HR activity for their local team while contributing to the global HR agenda as part of the Yum! Digital & Technology HR team. Responsibilities will include human resources generalist work, talent acquisition, talent management and ultimately ensuring organizational effectiveness across the organization. This critical investment is being made to support our new and growing digital & technology teams.
We are searching for an HR manager who will be based in Plano, Texas, or in Chicago, Illinois. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the opportunity to build people & organizational capability, lead transformational change and oversee employee engagement. This manager will also create a team culture that inspires everyone to be their best and deliver their best for Yum! Brands—the largest restaurant company in the world.
As the human resources manager, you will:
• Design and build a world-class digital and technology organization with the capability and capacity to keep pace with business growth.
• Lead full-time and contract technical recruiters to deliver the full-cycle talent acquisition process, including sourcing, interviewing, selection and onboarding.
• Partner with colleagues and local teams to build a best-in-class employment brand that attracts and retains tops talent globally.
• Create and implement HR strategies that build capability, performance and engagement across the digital and technology organization.
• Lead the execution of all HR/OD (organizational development) processes, including goal setting, feedback surveys, individual development planning, engagement surveys and year-end performance procedures.
• Ensure strong best practices and discipline plans are in place to maximize team and
• Build strong relationships with cross-functional leaders, serving as a trusted advisor for your leadership team and their teams.
• Manage employee life-cycle needs, including promotions, resignations, transfers
• Partner with your leadership team to drive effective internal development and succession planning processes, resulting in a stronger contingent across the digital and
• Work with direct coaches to identify training needs and develop solutions to continue to build individual, coach and organizational capabilities.
• Collaborate with Learning & Development team to drive relevant learning and development curricula across teams.
• Promote an engaging company culture centered around Yum!’s Recipe for Growth & Good and our core values, unlocking every employee’s and collective team’s potential.
• Lead by example, representing our culture with positivity in everything you do.
Skills and Qualifications
• 6 to 8 years of HR experience, ideally in a Fortune 500 company.
• Previous experience supporting a digital or technology team is a plus.
• Passionate, growth-minded professional who thrives in a team environment, works collaboratively and inspires greatness in others.
• Proven track record of building strong relationships across locations, influencing and gaining commitment for ideas, navigating ambiguity and facilitating change.
• Exceptional coach and trusted advisor.
• Excellent conflict management skills, including leading others in effectively navigating through productive conflict.
• Robust understanding of HR policies and practices.
• Strong culture leader.
The Yum! Brands story is simple. We have the three distinctive, relevant and easy global brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell -- born from the hopes and dreams, ambitions and grit of passionate entrepreneurs. And we want more of this to create our future!
As the world’s largest restaurant company we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world’s most love, trusted and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results.
We’re looking for talented, motivated, visionary and team-oriented leaders to join us as we elevate and personalize the customer experience across our 48,000 restaurants, operating in 145 countries and territories around the world!
We put pizza, chicken and tacos in the hands of customers through customized ordering, unique delivery approaches, app experiences, and click and collect services and consumer data analytics creating unique customer dining experiences – and we are only getting started.
Employees may work for a single brand and potentially grow to support all company-owned brands depending on their role. Regardless of where they work, as a company opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide, the growth opportunities are endless. Taco Bell has been named of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company; Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world and KFC’s still use its 75-year-old finger lickin’ good recipe including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day.
Yum! and its brands have offices in Chicago, IL, Louisville KY, Irvine, CA, Plano, TX and other markets around the world. We don’t just say we are a great place to work – our commitments to the world and our employees show it. Yum! has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine in addition to being named to the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. Our employees work in an environment where the value of “believe in all people” is lived every day, enjoying benefits including but not limited to: 4 weeks’ vacation PLUS holidays, sick leave and 2 paid days to volunteer at the cause of their choice and a dollar-for-dollar matching gift program; generous parental leave; competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 6% 401k match – all encompassed in Yum!’s world-famous recognition culture.