Human Resources Account Manager at Paylocity
The HR Account Manager services our emerging market clients (small to mid-size). This position is responsible for providing HR best practice guidance, producing compliant employee handbooks, and job descriptions and introducing new products/services to the client that may help with the management of the employee life cycle. In addition, the team may make recommendations to clients regarding compensation, employee relations, recruitment, training and development, and information systems. This position will reports to the HR Client Service Manager in our Customer Service department.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Respond timely and accurately to client inquiries and process requests, according to established standards with attention to style, tone, and manner of communication. Client requests are received and monitored through the automated phone and email systems.
- Serve as an external consultant by analyzing a company’s current HR programs and recommending solutions.
- Inform and educate clients about Human Resources policies, procedures, performance management, recruitment, and employee relations issues.
- Create, review or revise handbooks, policies, and job descriptions utilizing the resources provided.
- Ensuring HR programs and services are in compliance with established policies and procedures and state/federal laws and regulations.
- Understand complex ideas in HR but have the ability to simplify and explain problems and solutions in terms everyone can understand.
- Build strong client relationships and provide quality service in an effort to retain a client base.
- Promote Paylocity products and services to fulfill ongoing client requests.
- Maintain knowledge of trends and changes in Human Resources legislation, and conveys local, state, and federal laws to clients to maintain compliance.
- Provide ongoing client support with the use of diagnostic skills to identify the root cause of client issues, develop solutions and recommend appropriate action to prevent recurrence of the problem.
- Acts as liaison with Paylocity support teams to facilitate the resolution of client issues regarding payroll and human resources products.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive HR Generalist experience dealing with a broad range of HR-related topics preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required - a focus on Human Resources or Business Administration/ Management preferred
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Experience in Shared Services call center environment is preferred
In response to COVID-19 & Paylocity’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, our Human Resources Account Managers are currently working remotely. HR Account Managers will onboard and receive training remotely. In the future, this role will be required to work onsite, as outlined by the department, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.